The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Adavice”/  “1Win

Google Buzz, it is private?

maeli25me

I open gmail this morning, and google buzz is displayed on the screen. I checked on my mail and there is a Buzz on the left side, and I have followers. I have emailed person before and it did showed up as my follower. Are there any privacy options there?

Google claims they have added or will add some privacy options. However, if you have a Gmail account, you hjave been automatically opted into Buzz, and your contacts have been added to the Buzz netowrk, which seems a little presumptuous to me... another example of Google's utter disregard for privacy.

I open gmail this morning, and google buzz is displayed on the screen. I checked on my mail and there is a Buzz on the left side, and I have followers. I have emailed person before and it did showed up as my follower. Are there any privacy options there?

Buzz concept is just the same with Twitter, the only difference is that buzz updates and profile is not viewable in public. Thus, if you post an update plus the link, only those on your contact can read it.

Google Buzz posts are public by default; in fact, you can choose to set your privacy.

To make a private post in the web applications, follow these steps:
1. Click the text box.
2. Type your buzz.
3. Click Private at the bottom.
4. Specify a contact group. If you don't already have contact groups, you can create them by accessing https://www.google.com/contacts on your desktop.

When you post privately, you send your post only to the contacts you've selected, and to anyone added to that buzz via an @reply.

You can also choose to show or hide your location on any buzz.

banners
Back