The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Propeller”/  Direct Affiliate

Google AI is really creepy

Graybeard

The Internet may be your trap

``A team at Google has proposed using artificial intelligence technology to create a “bird’s-eye” view of users’ lives using mobile phone data such as photographs and searches.

Dubbed “Project Ellmann,” after biographer and literary critic Richard David Ellmann, the idea would be to use LLMs like Gemini to ingest search results, spot patterns in a user’s photos, create a chatbot and “answer previously impossible questions,” according to a copy of a presentation viewed by CNBC. Ellmann’s aim, it states, is to be “Your Life Story Teller.” ``

Mobile phones are really personal trackers --use them carefully ;)

The Internet may be your trap

``A team at Google has proposed using artificial intelligence technology to create a “bird’s-eye” view of users’ lives using mobile phone data such as photographs and searches.

Dubbed “Project Ellmann,” after biographer and literary critic Richard David Ellmann, the idea would be to use LLMs like Gemini to ingest search results, spot patterns in a user’s photos, create a chatbot and “answer previously impossible questions,” according to a copy of a presentation viewed by CNBC. Ellmann’s aim, it states, is to be “Your Life Story Teller.” ``

Mobile phones are really personal trackers --use them carefully ;)
or not at all!

Google does not share any of this scraped knowledge directly with you they just make money with it and Google can be subpoenaed by any government's agency.

In fact, in the US under the Patriot Act, the FISA Court (a closed doors US Federal Court hearing National Security warrant requests) that AI could be seized and used to round up 'threats to National Security' a claim that has been much abused historically, not only in the US, but even more so world-wide.

This is why, I do not voluntarily participate in the Google "system" or Facebook on my working PC. On mobile --well sht-the-fkn-bed it is an Android hack system made by and rigged toward Google --you really can't avoid it. Damn phone tells me how many miles (km) I travel because Google knows where I have been and when I was there. Could they use that data in any court case?

Your location data is for sale in the US The U.S. Treasury Is Buying Private App Data to Target and Investigate People

`` Critics of the software say it essentially allows the state to buy its way past the Fourth Amendment, which protects Americans from unreasonable searches. The contract notes that OFAC’s Office of Global Targeting will use Locate X for “analysis of cellphone ad-tech data … to research malign activity and identify malign actors, conduct network exploitation, examine corporate structures, and determine beneficial ownership,” a rare public admission by the government of its use of personal location data acquired with cash rather than a warrant.`` and this was from 2021 The envelope has been pushed even further.

And the commoner's think the real threat is malicious use for AI tools to make the politicians look like fools?

My cell phones are going into the RFID bag sitting on my desk when not in use. Too many false accusations could be based on data.
Yes, Google has become creepy and will sell you soul for profit or deliver you to avoid more government regulation or governmental scrutiny on their practices.

all-you-data-nsa.jpg

It's not just Google either ...

The press had already extensively written about Haley's position on anonymity on social media. Three weeks ago Business Insider covered a Fox News interview, and quoted Nikki Haley as saying: "When I get into office, the first thing we have to do, social media companies, they have to show America their algorithms. Let us see why they're pushing what they're pushing. The second thing is every person on social media should be verified by their name."Haley said this was why her proposals would be necessary to counter the "national security threat" posed by anonymous social media accounts and social media bots. "When you do that, all of a sudden people have to stand by what they say, and it gets rid of the Russian bots, the Iranian bots, and the Chinese bots," Haley said. "And then you're gonna get some civility when people know their name is next to what they say, and they know their pastor and their family member's gonna see it. It's gonna help our kids and it's gonna help our country," she continued... A representative for the Haley campaign told Business Insider that Haley's proposals were "common sense."

"We all know that America's enemies use anonymous bots to spread anti-American lies and sow chaos and division within our borders. Nikki believes social media companies need to do a better job of verifying users so we can crack down on Chinese, Iranian, and Russian bots," the representative said.

Well-well, all this data collection is quite scary and I do not believe these corporations about our data security. AI is cool but I am worried about our privacy...

Looks like Google has responded. You cannot hand over what you do not have when hit with a search warrant.

This just proves to me Google is either a hack or just plain evil. This central storage information gathering will seriously backfire.

Downside, this will kill off geofencing advertising; as Google data was probably empowering it.

So, this is another case of governments corrupting basically harmless digital marketing to their own poorly thought through uses.

Just because I was a mile from some random crime, does not mean I committed it nor was witness to it --WTF.

Quote``Geofence warrants require a provider—almost always Google—to search its entire reserve of user location data to identify all users or devices located within a geographic area during a time period specified by law enforcement. These warrants violate the Fourth Amendment because they are not targeted to a particular individual or device, like a typical warrant for digital communications. The only “evidence” supporting a geofence warrant is that a crime occurred in a particular area, and the perpetrator likely carried a cell phone that shared location data with Google. For this reason, they inevitably sweep up potentially hundreds of people who have no connection to the crime under investigation—and could turn each of those people into a suspect.

Google’s announcement outlined three changes to how it will treat Location History data. First, going forward, this data will be stored, by default, on a user’s device, instead of with Google in the cloud. Second, it will be set by default to delete after three months; currently Google stores the data for at least 18 months. Finally, if users choose to back up their data to the cloud, Google will “automatically encrypt your backed-up data so no one can read it, including Google.”
/Quote`` Source: Is This the End of Geofence Warrants?

Dammit, It's on sale now I paid $9.99 for 1 Anyway, it works and is reasonable quality for the money.
1702822240198.png

Attachments

• 1702822706724.png
    1702822706724.png
    298.5 KB · Views: 5
MI
Back