The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Adavice”/  “1Win

Google Affiliate Network Closing

I followed the link and read the contents there. But I still can't get the real reason behind. I'm still thinking about the deeper reasons behind such move.

I wonder what that is. :confused:

I'm shocked to read about it. Was very convenient as this account was tied up with AdSense account.
You are right, they say nothing about the reasons of this action. If there is no reason, it must be the money as a reason.
Have to think about replacement, for two advertisers. I hate changing things already made good way. It's a hard task for affiliates to follow all that changes. Wasting time for changing something working very well. :(

Wow, I didn't see that one coming! Google Affiliate Network has been around for a really long time. I'm sure that's bad news to a lot of people. I'm signed up with them, but I've never had any luck with it personally.

At least they are giving you fair warning so that you can make adjustments to your website(s). Imagine how many jacked up web pages there would be if adsense ever shut down... (fingers crossed)

I wonder what that means for CJ and some of the other networks? Maybe Google will buy them out?

Doubtful. Google has a history of getting into ventures that they really don't know much about just because their competitors are into them... and then abandoning them when they aren't profitable.

Google Affiliate Network
Google Reader
That Google shopping thing

Doubtful. Google has a history of getting into ventures that they really don't know much about just because their competitors are into them... and then abandoning them when they aren't profitable.

Google Affiliate Network
Google Reader
That Google shopping thing

I'm wondering when they are going to shut down Google Sites. It's not one of the most popular free web hosting sites out there and they just shut down the Adsense API on Sites last month.

Why would they shut down their own advertising platform on their own web hosting platform and allow the API to run on various other free web hosting sites? They must be saving or making money from the sites that do support the API like Wix, Weebly, cash parking at GoDaddy and some of the others.

MI
Back