The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Propeller”/  Direct Affiliate

Good resources for banner creation?

What Tuan said nailed it perfectly. It also comes down to what your time is worth to you. Is it worth your time googling tutorials to create banners in photoshop (with images you probably dont own!), or does it make more sense to pay someone for you to do it the proper way? It really comes down to what you think is right..

My company, BannerLala.com creates good banners, but we don't work with adult material. Very consistent results, over 10 years experience employed at a major advertising agency, and super fast turnaround. If you'd like to make your own, I'd recommend Adobe Fireworks. It's more efficient and easier to learn than Photoshop. Adobe won't be supporting it for much longer, unfortunately, but even older versions work very well for this purpose. If you have any questions, I'd be happy to lend my expertise.

Last edited:
Personally I'd learn photoshop and do my own. You can use your marketing/copyright skills to make it better than just some freelancer.

Whats the average price for an exclusive banner with a ClickRate > 3%?

Hi Knackworst. CTR is dependent on a number of factors. How targeted is the banner to the content on the page? Does the content lead into the banner click? For example, if there were a blog talking about new Spring fashion trends, a high CTR would be seen if the banners advertised a retailer's new spring fashion line. What is the placement of said banner? Is it above the fold? Embedded in the content? On the site of the page? Next, does the banner start a continuous sales process? Does it match the theme of the landing page? Will the landing page pick up where the banner left off to encourage sales conversion? It is highly recommended that affiliates look for merchants who run campaigns with a sales process that has continuity. For example, reiteration of the offer on the landing page with a matching hero image, plus additional incentives to buy on that page, such as mitigating risk with a generous return policy, or offering free shipping on top of the banner offer, etc. We design our banners for a good balance between CTR and sales conversion. One could easily design a banner that garners clicks, but encourages abandonment of the landing page. Our messaging is straightforward and concise, and we encourage merchants to see the conversion of impression to click, click to sale, and sale to return as one continuous process. Because of the large number of variables involved outside of our control, no guarantees can be made about CTR. We trust that merchants and affiliates know their own sites best and can communicate messaging that will work with their target audience. We can then add suggest changes to make it more concise and impactful. That said, we are soon offering 25% off the prices quoted on the home page for first time customers for a limited time. If anyone mentions this post before the offer is posted to our page I'll include the discount early.

banners
Back