The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Propeller”/  Direct Affiliate

Good Affiliate PPC Tricks

Linda Buquet

affiliate
<strong>How do you avoid losing your shirt at the PPC affiliate game?</strong> Know any great techniques?

Todd Mintz at SearchEngineLand shares some good ones he learned largely from ShoeMoney. Todd writes an informative article that covers some important PPC tips and explains how he routinely gets a 4-6 times ROI on his paid affiliate campaigns.

<blockquote><strong><a target="_new" href="http://searchengineland.com/070501-085626.php">Turning Dimes Into Dollars: The Basics Of Low-Bid PPC</a></strong>
"The affiliate marketplace is brutally competitive. There are well-aged, trusted domains with dominant positions in many niches. Direct competition with these goliaths for affiliate sales is frequently futile. However, creative, competitive webmasters can make a significant affiliate income if they can identify niche opportunities and execute effective SEM strategies to exploit them.

Unfortunately, one of the biggest barriers to affiliate sales is having a mindset that is locked into routine and closed to possibility—a sin of which I have been (and probably will continue to be) guilty. Fortunately... "</blockquote>
Check it out. <strong><a target="_new" href="http://searchengineland.com/070501-085626.php">Turning Dimes Into Dollars: The Basics Of Low-Bid PPC</a></strong>

The PPC ARROW style ad is intriguing!
I learn something new every day! :p

Hi everyone,

PPC is a really tricky game in my mind but a powerfull advertising method when done right. A lot of people (even myself, I've done it) wrongly bid on high cost keywords and this is were the competion is huge. Here some basics I want to share for PPC along with Linda's previous post:

1) When you select your keywords, use lower traffic keywords but use more of them. There's good chance these keywords will be cheaper.

2) Depending if Google or others, bid on low cost keywords to start with.

3) Start with a small DAILY budget, like 2 or 3 dollars a day. Increase your budget ONLY when you have a steady 1 or 2% CTR (if better good) along with signups, traffic or sales increase to invest back in your PPC campain. PPC campain is always a work in progress in some way. It has to be "perfected" until you get the results you're expecting.

4) You can "pre-test" your ad through some traffic exchange who calculate your CTR (not all of them, I know the one in AdLandPro does it) and refine it.

5) Always remember to put benefits in your ads, not features because people want to find a solution (gain pleasure or avoid pain). Famous example from Perry Marshall, the No. 1 expert for Google Adwords:

"Nobody who wanted to buy a drill wanted to buy a drill, they wanted to make a hole" (Perry Marshall) (Use Google AdWords and the Power of Guerilla Marketing to Attract New Customers)

Good luck!

Well,

Things are going..I have made 3 sales so far..the ROI is 161.14%. I wish I had more advertising budget. I think what most people forget before getting into Affiliate Marketing is to have a decent advertising budget.

I think one must enter into Affiliate Marketing only if someone has couple of thousand dollars advertising budget & really knowing what they are doing, and having a niche (else their advertising $$ would just go down the drain).

I totally agree with "Jerry Palmer", as I started doing this after reading his eBook that you must have some extra money to spare on advertising since most networks don't pay until a month later and most of it goes right back into advertising.

I think it is so true, especially if you want to grow. For example, If I make $1000 in commissions, I would put $600 back into advertising so that next time I make even more. For anyone new out there like myself, I highly recommend Jerry Palmer's ebook.

That's it from my side for now. Its 2 am almost, still working on optimizing my next site and getting it ready for PPC campaings. Wish me luck.

One month and two sites later, I feel that I am addicted and won't be satisfied until I start making decent money from this stuff.

Are you talking about Jeremy Palmer's "High Performance Affiliate Marketing?"

If so, I agree that it's a good book full of lots of quality information. It's one of the few e-books that I actually recommend to people. I'm very particular with what I recommend. There is so much crap out there. I would much rather see people succeed than simply make some affiliate sales from something.

Yes, I am talking about Jeremy Palmer's "HPAM" only. I stumbled upon some affiliate marketing article "Jeremy Palmer - The million dollar man". I was intrigued, and later tried his eBook. Actually, its the only eBook I've ever read. The other knowledge comes from this forum, which I must say is extremely helpful.

So, in all this I think I'm fine right now with Jeremy Palmer's eBook, this forum, and some common sense.

banners
Back