Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Adavice”/  “1Win

Going Mobile

CoolSpot

Affiliate Manager
Affiliate Manager
JATS Affiliate Program
Hey Guys,

So I just watched @cashmoneyaffiliate 's webinar, and decided to give mobile a go.

So first post is just outlining the setup, until everything is running smooth going to be sticking to one network and one traffic source.

Register with @ClickDealer
if I get declined then I will have to find another network, but we will cross that when we come to it.
Also Registerd with MundoMedia

Select a traffic source: For my traffic sauce I am going to be using @mobicow

Tracking: @voluum since voluum is closing thier free plan tracking has been switched to AdsBridge

VPS Provider: I am thinking it will be ovh (I know from reviews their support is not good, but with having root on the server i am hoping that i wont be needing to contact them for anything, but honestly I am not sure of what issues I might get with a vps as I have never rented a vps before just shared hosting. I have run a few home servers with ubuntu ( same os ovh will be using) If you guys can let me know the things that you tend to have to raise support tickets for it would be awesome as I will be able to make a more informed decision weather it is worth going with a company that costs a little more but has good support)

Test Budget:$50 (if I get feedback about the budget being to low for what i want to test then I will reduce the amount of tests I will run)

Initial Testing.

So once I know the offers that are available I will select 2 offers within the same vertical, split test 4 landing pages ( 2 with the same design and different ad copy, and 2 with different designs but same ad copy as the previous)

That's about all I can think of for the set up, As I am setting it up I will be updating this quite frequently, once the campaign starts I will be looking to post an update for you guys once a week minimum.

**Edit**

So hurdle number 1 has come up already. Just signed up with @mobicow and the only option to be paid is paypal. My paypal account was permanently limited last year when I was selling on ebay. Paypal did offer to reinstate my account if I made a one off payment of £20,000 (about the same amount as the payments I was making from ebay in a month) but this payment would not be applied to my account (and the account was not in a negative balance for those wondering). So I left paypal and will never make another account with them.

@mobicow Do you offer any other payment options? I did notice when i was signing up that for payments of a certain amount to contact your am to not use paypal, would this be something we are able to do. I am happy to take a payment any way other than paypal, ( have skrill etc)

****EDIT 2 ****

Just thinking.... I wont be reciving payments from mobicow as I am buy the ad space not selling it fml lol

Last edited:
Good luck with the follow along! I will be following this for sure! Hope you update it regularly.

Thanks, Just waiting for clickbank and mundomedia to get back to me with my application status, hopeing they get approved without any issue.

**** EDIT *****

Just got accepted onto Tapgerine, but either my account is not fully approved or I have signed up for the wrong type of account.

I signed up for a publisher account, can anyone confirm this is right?

Thanks

Last edited:
Hi @CoolSpot

Dominic here from the Mobicow team. I apologize for the late reply.

We accept Paypal, CC, Wire, Cheque for deposit. Minimum commitment is 5$. I am assuming
you are buying mobile traffic, is this correct?

Do not hesitate to contact your AM through a support ticket (top of adcenter under "support") we will
ensure to reply asap if you need further information.

Regards,
Dominic

Hi @CoolSpot

Dominic here from the Mobicow team. I apologize for the late reply.

We accept Paypal, CC, Wire, Cheque for deposit. Minimum commitment is 5$. I am assuming
you are buying mobile traffic, is this correct?

Do not hesitate to contact your AM through a support ticket (top of adcenter under "support") we will
ensure to reply asap if you need further information.

Regards,
Dominic

Yes, I will be buying traffic.

Still waiting on approval from click dealer, have a skype with mundomedia booked for monday, so hope all goes well.

Got Approved by @ClickDealer :D
MundoMedia never showed up for the skype they booked, so not sure whats happening with that, sent them an email about it, see what they say if they get back to me.

Also Signed up and approved on CPATeacher.

So this week I will be learning the interface for the platforms, and selecting the offers.

Once I have one offer from ClickDealer And One Offer from CPATeacher, I will kock out a few different landing page designs, and if needed banner designs,test to see what works best.

Depending on the data, I might just keep the landers in rotation, and just keep making slight amendments to them and compareing to the previous run.

Ads are going to be with mobicow, (also need to work out how to use mobicow)

going to aim for a $50 test with this setup ($25 per offer)

So this could be such a stupid question that my am isn't getting back to me, or maybe they have finished and left their skype on, but does anyone know where i find the link for offers in @ClickDealer ? and if anyone could also explain how to use the tracking page when you click an offer on click dealer (ie/ what details go where and where they are found (traffic source or tracking) would be much appreciated, the other campaigns I have run I always found out after that the tracking was mis configuerd so looking to make sure I get this right this time.

****EDIT*****

My AM got back to me this morning, I now have my links, just need to work out the tracking now. Hoping to launch the campaign on friday, run for 7 days to get a full weeks worth of data find out when users are most active for the kind of offer I am running.

Last edited:
So I have selected an offer from click dealer, offer is for poland only, mobicow says the avg winning bid is around 1.5, has anyone run poliosh traffic with mobicow? from what I have read here they dont have a great amount of traffic, so im wondering if such a limted geo is going to cause an issue.

Last edited:
So I have selected an offer from click dealer, traffic is for poland only, mobicow says the avg winning bid is around 1.5, has anyone run poliosh traffic with mobicow? from what I have read here they dont have a great amount of traffic, so im wondering if such a limted geo is going to cause an issue.

Get into testing mode. Split test with another country also may be a good option.

Get into testing mode. Split test with another country also may be a good option.
The offer only pays out for poland so didnt think split testing the country would have been a good idea, or do you mean test another offer in another location?

Thanks TJ

The offer only pays out for poland so didnt think split testing the country would have been a good idea, or do you mean test another offer in another location?

Thanks TJ

I didn't realize it was a country specific offer. Of course split testing everything else is beneficial.

So I have selected an offer from click dealer, traffic is for poland only, mobicow says the avg winning bid is around 1.5, has anyone run poliosh traffic with mobicow? from what I have read here they dont have a great amount of traffic, so im wondering if such a limted geo is going to cause an issue.

I have tried on one specific country on mobicow. From what I have observed, having geo location as a limitation may cause early saturation. Im not sure how big is mobicow's publishers/reach on specific countries but, after some time, users will see the offer often and it may not convert.

That is only my opinion. dont get me wrong, I have made conversions with @mobicow and its a feasible starting point with offers.

Cheers.

I have tried on one specific country on mobicow. From what I have observed, having geo location as a limitation may cause early saturation. Im not sure how big is mobicow's publishers/reach on specific countries but, after some time, users will see the offer often and it may not convert.

That is only my opinion. dont get me wrong, I have made conversions with @mobicow and its a feasible starting point with offers.

Cheers.
Awesome thanks, the payout is good, so i think i will see how it goes, but I will keep that in mind while I keep an eye on it.

Setting up this campaign is becoming a nightmare with all the different links and tokens and trying to work out where to put everything so it works and everything tracks, using the ClickDealer tracker testing, but not 100% sure I'm using that right either at the moment.

Going to go see if i can find a thread that outlines the steps to getting it working, got a feeling something somewhere is not right, just no idea what yet

So I think I might have found where my tracking issue lies. Using my link from clickdealer for the offer, I cant seem to find where to put clickdealers tokens, I have the mobicow set up as the traffic source with all thier tokens just cant seem to find where to set up the click dealer tokens.... @ClickDealer is ment to be intergrated into AdsBridge now, but that dosnt seem to be working at the moment

So I think the tracking is right now, and my campaign is currently pending with mobicow.

I have just tested the link using the clickdealer tacking test section on the offer and it seems to rotate random offers not just a single offer, im hoping this is because I am outside of the targeted geo.

Everythings now running on mobicow, traffic seems a little slow so going to be setting up another traffic source with airpush so that I can get enough data to optimise the campaign

Last edited:
MI
Back