The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Propeller”/  Direct Affiliate

Get Wise Affiliate Marketing - It's Google's Way or the Highway

Linda Buquet

affiliate
Google controls so much of the Internet marketing ecosystem. Like it or not, affiliates have to play Google's way or it's the highway.

I recently had an affiliate program manager contact me to say they needed to cancel their 5 Star affiliate promotion campaign and close their affiliate program because their affiliates were hit so hard by Panda. So there is a trickle down affect to Google's actions and it affects everyone, even me.

So I thought I'd share a couple recent articles that may be helpful in learning to play the game Google's way.

<strong><a href="http://blog.revenuewire.com/index.php/2012/08/get-wise-googles-requirements-for-affiliates-part-1/">GET WISE: Google?s Requirements For Affiliates Part 1</a></strong>
(From RevenueWire - a 5 Star Affiliate Program)

Google has so many rules and requirements for running a compliant website that even the most seasoned affiliates can get confused.

So, to help you understand what you need to do to make your website is fully compliant, we?ve identified Google?s main requirements and written a short description of each?

Ok, so that about covers it for Part 1. Stay tuned for part 2 where we?ll cover Google?s website transparency and privacy requirements.

<strong><a href="http://blog.revenuewire.com/index.php/2012/07/google-panda-3-9-what-does-it-mean-for-affiliates-3/">Google Panda 3.9: What Does it Mean for Affiliates?</a></strong>
(From RevenueWire - a 5 Star Affiliate Program)

While Google has so far been tight-lipped about exactly what changes Panda 3.9 will bring, the fact that its tweet announcing the update included a link to its guidelines for building a high-quality website gives us a clue that the changes will target one or more of these website-quality issues.

This is the perfect reminder that every affiliate needs to follow these rules to the letter when designing an affiliate website or campaign. Please review and refresh your memory regarding the Google-endorsed best-practices these guidelines describe.

There are ways to overcome the obstacles Google puts in our roads.

Earning income via Google was/is an "easy" way to go about it. But Google hot on the trail of tricks and games, so the days of fast, easy money are fading.

Best to have a high-quality site that offers visitors useful, unique information. Then position affiliate products within that.

Besides search engines, there is social media and other ways to drive traffic to a site. That may help as well.

banners
Back