The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Adavice”/  “1Win

Get Listed in Yahoo Search

roxxy

affiliate
Since yahoo is one of the most Popular Search Engine. So it can bring a high traffic to your site. To get listed in yahoo search you have to add your URL to Yahoo search. Yahoo has both paid and free submission option you may choose any one according to your requirements. You may even add you XML feed and all URLs using a text file. Generally they take 6 week to get listed but it varies depending on your site. Initially yahoo will crawl only few pages of your site then you will find that more pages are getting listed in yahoo. If you site is in yahoo directory then you need not to do all this things. To add URL You must have a Yahoo ID.

I never cared about Yahoo! I thought that people hardly use it. Therefore, I only submitted my website to Google in the main search engine list. However, with the software that I use, I bet that I have my site listed in Yahoo too ;)

However, I think Google takes less time to get your site listed then Yahoo! I think Google takes 4 months. :)

Actually I get site listed in G in about 2 weeks or less. Some of my recent sites even missed the sandbox.

www.5Starblogs.com went straght to PR 5 and got indexed right away.
Maybe I'm just lucky but I also used to do SEO for a living so hope it was part skill. :p

You're pretty lucky Linda ;) May be the use of static URL's and constant addition of great content to your blog really helped you boost your site's PR.

Did you take any other measures to help your site's PR?

I don't know that Linda's expierence is luck. Avoiding the Google "sandbox" isn't that hard. It is simply a matter of not doing spammy things. I've always found that I could get a site indexed by Google pretty quickly without even having to submit the site to Google. In one of my latest cases, I started a blog on Feb 28, 2006 and it already has a PR5. I haven't even linked to the blog from my main site.

Google isn't hard to get into; however, it is easy to offend Google's spam filters by doing sneaky SEO or link popularity tricks.

KLB said:
I don't know that Linda's expierence is luck.

100% agree with KLB. During the last 6 months I have never experienced sandbox. The worse case scenario was getting indexed by Google with 10 days. Latest experience - 2 days.

Google sandbox is for those who don't like to use strategies favored by Google.

i wouldn't pay a dime for that

all these advertising search engines - google, yahoo, etc - are good for nothing. I created a very good campaign for my website (www.auction-advertising.com) and yet I only got a few clicks...

But after sending some e-mails :) the traffic jumped to the roof, the graphics we're literally on a 90 degree angle.

banners
Back