The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Adavice”/  “1Win

General techniques of troubleshooting

kappa84

affiliate
These are some tips for beginers for dealing with problems that can appear with their system:

• If you have a BSOD (blue screen) and the error is something like 0x00000007A, do a search on Microsoft Knowledge Base for this error or google it.
  • If you’ve just installed a new hardware, do a test without it to see if the problem is coming from there.
  • Do some tests to hardware with the software provided by the producer, if there are any.
  • In case you install some new drivers that cause problems, use “driver rollback”. Right click on My computer-Properties-Hardware-Device Manager. Right click on problematic device- Properties-Driver-Rollback Driver. Try to stay updated with the latest drivers’ releases.
  • Sometimes you can examine the Event Viewer to observe errors. Click on Run and write EventVwr.msc and press Enter. System and Application Events can offer you precious clues to solve the problems.
  • If you have a problem that appeared suddently, verify if you installed a new software and then uninstall and install it again.
  • There are available some free tools that cand establish a correct diagnosis. You can use Memtest for memory problems or TuffTest Lite for other devices, both can be found on google.
  • Do not forget about overheating, the PC can crash if the temperature is too high. So make sure the fans are working, verify your CPU temperature with Everest and see if the case is ventilated properly.
  • With the new wave of video-cards than need a lot of power, some experience crashes because they don’t have a proper PSU. Try to buy a Power Supply Unit with at least 400 real watts and a good Amperage on the +12V line.

Great tips. I had a tremendous problem once whereby I couldn't get my pc to boot and - when it did - it crashed.

Turns out I had a dodgy surge protector, and it was tripping out, so it could be anything!

Yes, problems can come from where you don't expect, those above are somehow very often seen on different systems. :)

banners
Back