The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Adavice”/  “1Win
Crazy,
So now you have implemented 2-factor authentication :)

Following your journey.

Few days ago ZeroPark tried to cause a heart attack on me :D, here's what I've seen when I switched one page to another on ZeroPark dashboard, and my balance started dropping like crazy:

Interesting idea, LOL :D

Another 3 LPs I used for 1 offer: different angle for each LP. So basically I ran 2 offers so far, but just 1 properly:

Good to see you have started your 1st campaign :) I would suggest testing at least 3 offers against 3 different landing pages within the same vertical and GEO. You'll also want to make sure your not simply picking offers at random make sure the offers are the best ones on the network/networks for that vertical and GEO.

Looking at your screen shot one of your landing pages had a great CTR I would keep this landing page in the rotation.

A successful affiliate campaign is a great landing page with a good CTR and a great converting offer, a lot of the time on a first run you get one right but not the other.

Few days ago ZeroPark tried to cause a heart attack on me :D, here's what I've seen when I switched one page to another on ZeroPark dashboard, and my balance started dropping like crazy:
heartattack.png

Interesting idea, LOL :D

I had the same reaction that you did when I saw my screen. :D

I haven't said anything lately but I am still reading your updates with great interest. You're still pumped and running, I'm sure that you'll start seeing results. :)

UPDATE #6 [20 April - 30 April / 1 and a half week]

* I haven't done anything during the Easter time and few days after (7 days off from mobile CPA).
I ran 6 more campaigns, but I'll keep it for the end of this update. Few boring bits first ;) I'll try to keep it short.

1. Analyzing and learn. I've done the following:
- Playing with Voluum reports and investigating my first campaigns and landing pages reports;
- Gone through the mindmap I built based on @cashmoneyaffiliate mindmap from Mobile Immersion;
- Sent bunch of questions to my Clickdealer AM, ZeroPark support and @cashmoneyaffiliate;
- Read some blogs articles about sweepstakes to get better understanding of which direction I should go with angles, landing pages, how to attract a visitor better etc.
- for 1 day I had access to $1997 course from Brent Dunn, called "Mobile CPA Boot Camp" (courtesy of person who purchased it), so I could watch all the videos and make some notes. I learned bunch of stuff there, but I must say Mobile Immersion is much better in my opinion and there's way more in-depth details, while CPA Boot Camp covers many other topics like mindset, cash management, planing etc. Mobile Immersion is still my number 1 and I don't think it will ever change. Interesting thing is that Brent runs only compliant campaigns from what he's saying, so this shows that you don't need to cloak to be profitable, which is great news!
- I learned how to find in AdPlexity what other affiliates are doing with the exact offer you’re going to promote;
- I learned about AIDA (funnel or pyramid, I'm not sure how you can call it): Attention -> Interest -> Desire -> Action.
2. Edited most posts in this thread. Many of them were too long and I was just describing how much notes I’ve done and other boring stuff, I just tried to make this thread at least little bit more interesting. Opening post (#1) is also edited.
3. Launched 6 new campaigns. Doing a reconnaissance as @cashmoneyaffiliate describes it and building landing pages is pretty damn time consuming process. But I think it will take me less and less time as I keep doing it. I kept the best converting landing page from my test #1 that I described in update #5 + cloned 1 landing page from AdPlexity + built 1 almost from scratch. I cleaned AdPlexity one, added few scripts from Affkit.com, cleaned source code, optimized images and generally prepared LPs for my offers. All compliant, I may play with cloaking when I start getting positive ROI, then I'll let you guys know, but for now I keep doing "white hat" only.

voluum3.jpg

26 May 2017 NOTE: I just discovered those high CTR values for my landing pages are because a hidden script that auto-redirected user to the offer page after certain time (it's counted as user click) if user doesn't click through the page manually. Silly me I didn't see that earlier, I really thought my LPs generate that high CTR naturally!

My campaigns' success list

1. I've got a landing page that has CTR = up to 75%
2. I had my first 3 conversions
3. CTR=-90%, checked! CTR=-80%, checked! Next time: -70% or better :D
Campaigns
- I've tested 3 completely different landing pages for the top offer (blue), different angle for each LP;
- after I saw that 2 out of 3 LPs have great CTR, I decided to run them for another offer (red/magenta);
- from pure curiosity I split-tested the best performing LP against adult and non-adult traffic, everything else stayed the same. Now I know, it doesn't matter :D It would probably make more sense to do split test of carrier vs. wifi traffic.
- so in rows #2, #4 and #5 there's the same landing page, another well performing LP in rows #3 and #6;
Offers
Sweepstakes with payout of $0.90 (both offers), SOI (Single Opt-in).
Strategy (money)
- I set $5 budget for each LP/angle for first campaign just to test my landing pages. Bidding = I doubled the country's average bid;
- I've set 10 times the offer payout for each LP/angle for second campaign = $9 (due to low payout of $0.90), like @cashmoneyaffiliate suggests in his Mobile Immersion Area. Bidding = I tripled the country average bid to get high quality traffic (well, that's how it works I've read);
Problem
LP=75% CTR, offer CR=7.58% and $0.07 EPC, looks great! Now, why it didn't "click"? I don't know, maybe someone has some explanation, then please share. Both offers were recommended by my AM, 2nd one have 7.58% conversion rate and $0.07 EPC. First one worked great last week, but this week numbers dropped down drastically, but I found out that after I ran 3 campaigns for it.

4. Tools
Services to test mobile carriers, similar to VPN, but can test for example Vodofone in UK, T-mobile in Germany etc. I don't use them, but some of you may find them useful. I didn't know such tools exist, but I heard about them first time in Mobile Immersion Skype private group. Here's 3 main ones: geoedge.com, mococheck.com, simtest.it

TIP:
Just one this time: If you clone landing pages from another source like AdPlexity, replace jquery script as other affiliates may include their custom scripts in it.

------------------------------------------
Little bit off-topic. When I was browsing internet to learn more about sweepstakes, I came accross Frank Kern's "Core Influence" talk on YouTube, the talk is from 2006 or 2007 I believe. I've seen that long time ago and I remember it amazed me. This video is pure genius, just incredible. I'm sure many of you have seen it, but for those who have not: WATCH every minute of it. It's different than all that new age self development stuff (spirituality, visualization etc., I'm not big fan of it). This thing is pure psychology and it's 100 times more powerful than new agy shit.

Plus, few of my favourite quotes at the end (NOT from the video above):
"Some people dream of success, while others wake up and work hard for it."
"Winners are not people who never fail, but people who never quit."
"Wake up with determination, go to bed with satisfaction."
"Our greatest glory is not in never failing, but in rising every time we fall."
"Success is the sum of small efforts, repeated day in and day out."
"Never give up on a dream just because of the time it will take to accomlish it. The time will pass anyway."

Last edited:
Awesome job so far, just make sure to not lose your drive if things don't go the way you planned them to go as fast as you think, if you keep at it, it will eventually come.

UPDATE #7 [01 May - 04 May / half a week]

Alright, I've been playing with more offers this week, still no positive ROI, but I keep progressing. I supposed to test each offer with 3 landing pages, but to keep the momentum going, I decided not to spend time testing new landing pages, but just focus on testing offers with my 2 proven landing pages. I tweaked those LPs little bit before the test so their CTR is now even better than last time. Results below. Ignore the blue offer as I just started testing it there.

update7_1.png

26 May 2017 NOTE: I just discovered those high CTR values for my landing pages are because a hidden script that auto-redirected user to the offer page after certain time (it's counted as user click) if user doesn't click through the page manually. Silly me I didn't see that earlier, I really thought my LPs generate that high CTR naturally!

Offers

Sweepstakes with payout of $1.45 (all 3).
Campaigns
6 campaigns: 3 offers tested, 2 proven landing pages / angle for each offer. 5 times offer payout for each LP/angle for initial test.
Strategy
- I picked the best converting offer after the test (1st one from the screenshot above), but made a mistake, because instead of start optimizing it straight away, I let it keep going without optimizing, because I thought I will have more data to play with later. Result (bit strange): after first 1000 clicks it had 3 conversions, but after another 1000 clicks it had 0 conversions! And because of that, the ROI dropped from -42% to -73%.
- (I also finished testing the blue campaign on this stage, but 1 LP generated 1 conversion, another LP 0 conversions.)
- I decided to optimize the campaign now. I knew it's not gonna be positive now, but I wanted to practice and learn stuff. Unfortunately I had small margin to optimize, because I started with kind of optimized campaign already from the beginning: advertiser suggested only 3G traffic and 1 particular carrier, so I started with that.
- I paused all the targets that had high number of clicks and no conversions AND targets with underperforming CTR. I also switched off non-adult traffic as it didn't convert for some reason: I had 3 conversions and better CTR from adult traffic. This way I managed to get another 3 conversions and lift campaign's ROI to -62%.
- So for the first offer I generally spent 10x the offer payout for initial test and another 5x offer payout during the optimization process.
- Here's a screenshot with final results

update7_2.png

My campaigns' success list
1. My best landing page's CTR increased up to 87% (74%, 77% and 87% for the 3 offers I've tested)
2. I had 4 out of 6 campaigns with conversions (11 conversions in total)
3. CTR=-70%, checked! CTR=-60%, checked! CTR=-40% checked! (well, after initial test, later it was worse, but I think we can count that ;)) Next time: -30% or better :D

TIP:
I split-tested adult vs non-adult traffic before, but I didn't realize that you can actually check this stat in Voluum by going to "V4: Visitor type" in campaign report. I'm not sure if it's available for all the traffic sources, but it is for ZeroPark anyway.

NEXT:
Next time I want to test few completely new landing pages / angles and pick at least 2 with the best CTR, minimum 30% I'd say, but we'll see how they perform first. That's the plan. Then after that I can test more campaigns once I got 4 proven landing pages with good CTR, for now I've got just 2, which is not enough as my mentor suggests to test at least 3 landing pages with each offer.

Last edited:
Just finished reading all your thread. I usually get free SSL from letsencrypt why don't you use that?
Wish you best of luck with your journey mate. ;)

Just finished reading all your thread. I usually get free SSL from letsencrypt why don't you use that?
Wish you best of luck with your journey mate. ;)
Alright, thanks for the tip, I didn't know about letsencrypt.org before.

look good, keep going mate.
Are the conversions all in one day or split over the week??
It's all in one day. On second screenshot you see "Last 3 days", because I was testing things all day and also some time after midnight.
- When I double an average bid (checked on Redirected Domain Traffic - Volume), traffic comes extremely fast, you can get hundreds of visits literally within minutes.
- When I set the max bid just 2 or 3 points above average, traffic is slower because a lot of targets have higher bids.
- After campaign optimization: paused targets, only adult or only non-adult traffic, only specific mobile carriers etc., traffic can slow down very significantly.

Guys, I just discovered that those high CTR values for my landing pages are because a hidden script that auto-redirected user to the offer page after certain time (it was counted as user click) if user doesn't click through the page manually. Silly me I didn't see that earlier, I really thought my LPs generate that high CTR naturally!

If you're also doing mobile CPA, please take a moment to let me know what CTR you are getting and if it's for compliant or non-compliant landing pages. I actually started new thread for this: "What is your CTR?". So answer it there or here, doesn't matter. Thanks!

I'll post another update here probably tomorrow.

Hi @Mr.Z, I am a little bit late to the conversation. However, I have read every post in this thread. You are doing well!

Yes, I have also read on a few forums that some free LPs include scripts that steal traffic. Check source code a few times and ensure it doesn't include unnecessary scripts.

BTW, I am following your interesting journey. Keep it up! :)

one thing i want you to keep in mind :) .
if your GEO has more then one language make sure you translate the landing pages and redirect the visitor the the right landing page based on the browser language using voluum rules .
any Update About the campaigns ? .

banners
Back