The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Adavice”/  “1Win

From the very beginning

raptor

affiliate
Im a bonafide 100% new starter and with soooooooo much information out there im actually unable to begin anywhere!!

I want to learn this as structured as possible without jumping from one subject to the next randomnly trying to figure it all out so if anyone has some information for me where i can look it and say to myself "right i need to start here, until i get to here"

Would be most appreciative Thank you!!

I'm not an expert. But I can let you know what I know. First pick 2/3 Keywords, Search for terms that arn't super competitive otherwise you'll not stand a chance. People will say more keywords but if you starting small, keep it simple.

so your saying i need to find at least some edge yes?

What keywords for example and what site do i use to search for them?
Im not sure i fully understand, to me it sounds like i just pick 2 or 3 random words????
Im not hugely stupid but i like to ask stupid questions for the people that dont like to ask stupid questions.. cheers!!

Ahh normally people talk about SEO your a real fresh face :). Firstly you need think about what you want in life and does running a website fit in with that. Then find a subject matter you know something about / are interested in. Once you've got an idea like that let us know.

im a compter enthusiast, like online poker.. hang on i tried posting on another site but no replies, i will place it here....

Heres a couple of thoughts...

I could start with making a website for my brothers electrical services, this is a nice idea but is this a NON monetizing thing to do????

and another idea that appeals to me is online poker based... but even though i have learnt quite a lot it could be completely out of my league to think i could educate people on the subject, everything has been covered in the online poker world and im struggling to think i could add new content!!

let me know your thoughts please.... im just thinking as well that maybe the poker route is something where i could get one of these free domain/host set ups so it zero upfront but a bit of experience??

It's really down to you by the sounds of it you are motivated by money and want a return rather than just pure experience it which case you probably want to think about how much return you are getting.

Just an idea but how about starting with something simple just to gain experience like your brothers site then moving on to some with more return when you know what you are doing?

Well i shall accept your idea as my 1st project then, im savvy enough to listen to someone who has more experience than me in the field!!

ok... ive been reading around for the last few days and im hearing about domains, web host seo rankings etc which do i do 1st?
also if you have a link that would help that would be great, i realise i could just google but would rather build friendships in a community and listen to you guys than random results

added note.... ive heard free templates are bad? but i would like to have a go at designing/building my site if it isnt too far out my league... i learn quick thou.. hmmm kinda wish i didnt say that lol

Well first off you need to choose a domain name, normally country code domain names tend to rank better in their local area so if your in the UK a .co.uk would be your best choice. A number of people will insist that you include a keyword (like electrical-services.co.uk) in your domain as it can help with SEO but it's not essential. So joebloggs.co.uk is another choice. You could go for a mix like joebloggs-electrical.co.uk but it can become quite long which makes it hard to type.

Most registrars have domain checkers to see if a domain has been taken and I am a domain registrar but I should say that there are other domain registrars available :) Don't rush this step take a day or two to decide if it's a good name you'll have to live with it for a long time.

what needs to be done after? can i do something else in the time whilst were deciding on the domain name?

thanks a lot for your time!

Well you can start deciding on a platform for your website. While you can do it all manually most sites these days are run off content managment systems (CMS) this allows you to rapidly do a website and gives you a lot of features very quickly, a good list with demos can be found at http://www.opensourcecms.com/ I've used quite a few but normally use either wordpress or e107 depending on how complex the site is (e107 has slipped recently but has got some very powerful features) but drupal and others are also popular.

going to have a look around now ty, is it ok to ask questions about the sites you mention here or shall i use another section of the forum?

ok a little lost with e107... do i already need to have a web host? i tried d/l it onto my computer but just a ton of files with nothing i could do with them came up

I can't see any reason why you can't ask here, might not get answers :)

Don't download them http://www.opensourcecms.com/ allows you to "try before you buy". You will need a host before you install it and really start getting to grips with it. at the moment you're only selecting which one you would like to use.

ty, I'm waiting on final details from my brother for domain name and what he wants his siteto offer contents wise etc, will update when I know more!!

MI
Back