The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“AdsEmpire”/  Direct Affiliate

Found a niche! Maybe bad choice.

Before you give up on your niche you should wait and advertise your site, post comments on blogs and forums, write articles you should see more traffic coming thru then.

Yes!!:D
You should absolutely continue to drive traffic before giving up! What you need is to learn how to correctly pick a niche or the mini-niche within it so yo ucan further target your traffic.

cheap ppc is a good way to drive super targeted super mini-niche traffic. Why?
because it will be alot cheaper anyways and honestly it will get you some traffic google looks at traffic as well it will help whether its paid or not paid traffic traffic is traffic (except from traffic exchanges)

threeg5

I found a niche two days ago and made a blog but I dont think its going to do very well. My niche is about baby gender prediction and I found a great product or affiliate program to put on my blog but I cant seem to market it. I dont see too many people wanting information on baby gender prediction. What can I do. I dont want to start building traffic knowing its not going to make me any money in the long run.

This is a very common situation to find yourself in and can be rectified very easily before you start building a business around your niche.

You should aim to research the profitability of your niche before you do anything. You can do this simply by checking how much ADVERTISING is occurring for the products you would like to promote...

Lots of advertising - money being made
No advertising - no money being made

Once you know money is being made, you need to find out how and copy it/make it better to make money yourself.

Simple as that really.

Give it some time and try out different tests. What made you decide if this niche was profitable in the first place???? Did you see how many monthly searches the keywords get?? Are you using any products like micro niche finder or anything like that??? It takes time to see results, but you must also choose a good niche first. Build some back links and make sure your domain keywords are the same as your target keywords on the first page. With blogs you must create a static page that always posts first before other posts. There are a few tricks. Are you following a program??

What seems a bad or uninteresting niche to one group of people may be good or interesting to another. Don't be put off at not getting traffic straight away, it may be just that you need to get your demographics correct. I'm using tools like twitter to try to get the demographics right for my products (i.e. find people that have relevant interests), but a combination of doing this as well a monitoring/analysing traffic would give you an idea as to whether you're targeting correctly. Don't be put off as a lot of tweaking and experimentation is required with this sort of thing and it can take a lot of time,.

I wouldn't give up on it. You actually are in a hot niche. To bad you didn't have the software that I have. Here are some keywords that my "Niche Finder" found.
Note:these are simi-low competion.

Gender prediction quizzes 14800 global searches need 79 links to rank
chinese gender prediction 74,000 global searches 185 links to rank

There are much more keywords. You need to consider a tool like Brad collins Niche Finder.

Don't give up on that niche site. I would consider inserting a quiz page. That would make it more stickey and interesting. There are lots of angles that you can throw at this niche. I wish that it was interesting to me. I would work at it. You have to put in hours of work to get a return. Try article marketing, get involved with related forums, get some discussion going on your facebook. You need links to get some traffic. Advertise on craigslist will give you a link and perhaps some sales.

well I think you definitely have something here. I certainly know I haven't come across too many "baby gender predicting" blogs and that is a good thing, for starters.

I have made similar mistakes back when I was creating my first websites. I've got so caught up in the whole hype around the high profit niche that I forgot I will have to create content of it.

How can one create good and interesting content if the niche doesn't interest him? No way!

have you build you website properly?

I found a niche two days ago and made a blog but I dont think its going to do very well. My niche is about baby gender prediction and I found a great product or affiliate program to put on my blog but I cant seem to market it. I dont see too many people wanting information on baby gender prediction. What can I do. I dont want to start building traffic knowing its not going to make me any money in the long run.

you said that you`ve made a blog, but did you build it properly?
it seems to me that you`re a newbie in internet marketing.
after you pick the niche and the keyword, you need to create a seo optimized website.
add quality, unique articles to it, and create backlinks. the traffic will come if you do this.

give it a few more weeks....I also had a site with with good traffic but dont convert, my visitors were targeted, the problem with the site is that it lacks call to actions....so I did a major change, even used membership softwares and after 3 months I can see that my site is really out there, it has arrived

take your time and believe in your product

The product should be a good one to promote, just because there are low sales or maybe none yet is probably just due to not enough traffic. I have a 55 page site that is indexed in the search engines and a little bit of traffic, my site is about 6 months old. The more traffic that you will get, you will make those sales.

MI
Back