The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Adavice”/  “1Win

Forum Signature Links... Does each one increase keyword link juice?

SupNY

affiliate
I was wondering each time you post a link on a forum having a keyword anchor link in your signature, will the link juice increase each time?

or does it not matter too much after the first initial time you post a link?

or will it be classed as spam as its all coming from the same IP address etc?

Cheers :)

Here is my experience with doing just forum backlinking (and I don't advise it). I always noticed a steady climb to the top - sometimes to the first page. However, if I lay off of forum backlinking - I start losing positions.

Now this has been my experience. However, I would do different type of backlinking - not just forum. What really helps is when you network w/ ppl of like minds - then word gets out about your site (if you do have something different to offer).

Thanks BigCat :)

Yeah it definitely helps contrary to popular belief but yes I agree entirely its not a one stop shop for link building, it would be an all eggs in one basket scenario to solely rely on some sig links.

I tend to go for some good article submissions and some directory submissions too.

If you use forum links as just one aspect of your link building strategy, like the others mentioned, I think it can be effective. However, if you are a frequent poster in a forum and have 5,000 posts with all the same links/signatures, this could look spammy - especially if you were promoting a site that didn't have a diverse link portfolio.

So I think it is effective, but I don't think the link juice increases with each post. If anything, I would imagine links after the first "x" amount would probably have decreased link juice.

I believe each post increases your link juice - a link is a link. As far as posting too much hurting you that's false. If that was true people would be spamming their competitions links all over forums. Google is not going to start a spamming war between competitors.

The answer to your question is yes. For each new post you get a new backlink provided you don't have any previous post in that thread.

I believe each post increases your link juice - a link is a link. As far as posting too much hurting you that's false. If that was true people would be spamming their competitions links all over forums. Google is not going to start a spamming war between competitors.

The answer to your question is yes. For each new post you get a new backlink provided you don't have any previous post in that thread.

That is highly unlikely.

Footer links on a forum with thousands of pages are rather weak links and they certainly do not count as thousands of links.

Similarly, signature links across multiple pages of a forum do not count one for one. Search engines don't need very sophisticated algorithms to recognize multiple iterations of the same link with the same anchor text from the same domain.

I researched this at one point, and this is what I was told from about 3 different sources. Now I am not really sure anymore.

I was wondering each time you post a link on a forum having a keyword anchor link in your signature, will the link juice increase each time?

or does it not matter too much after the first initial time you post a link?

or will it be classed as spam as its all coming from the same IP address etc?

Cheers :)

Hi, thanks for posting this question. I have wanted to know about this too and have learned a lot reading this thread. I think you still do get link juice, but it probably diminishes after the first time and the continues to go at a steady rate. That would make sense to me, but that's just my guess.

banners
Back