The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Propeller”/  Direct Affiliate

forget about the browser war its now......

temi

affiliate
Desktop search war!!!

Microsoft search will appear before 2005
Another front in the on-going battle between Microsoft and Google is about to be opened.
By the end of 2004 Microsoft aims to launch search software to find any kind of file on a PC hard drive.

Full story: news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/technology/3952285.stm

I think this shows how good competition is, if Google did not start this desktop search thing Windows search facility will probably remain the crap its been for many years

If not for Bill, IMHO, we wouldn't be posting today...

Think about THAT for a minute.

Oh, wait, I forgot, it will Al Gore who invented the internet :lol:

Paul_KY said:
If not for Bill, IMHO, we wouldn't be posting today...

Think about THAT for a minute.

Oh, wait, I forgot, it will Al Gore who invented the internet :lol:

You posted on an Apache web server that uses PHP with a MySQL backend, all running on Linux, using a web browser and a protocol invented by Tim Berners-Lee (http://www.boutell.com/newfaq/history/fbrowser.html) which to this day still nurtures the WWW family of protocols, which BTW Microsoft disregards every time it can; using a GUI technology that was first invented by Apple, and then copyied by Microsoft... opearting in a huge net of nets (Internet) which originated as an DARPA research project...

Now YOU think about THAT for a minute...
:)

haha i think Alex might have you there..but Mr. Gates must have been doing something right to be so successful, even if it was just marketing (other peoples?) ideas in the right way then this deserves more than a little respect imo..

Alexandru,

"You posted on an Apache web server that uses PHP with a MySQL backend, all running on Linux, using a web browser and a protocol invented by Tim Berners-Lee (http://www.boutell.com/newfaq/history/fbrowser.html) which to this day still nurtures the WWW family of protocols, which BTW Microsoft disregards every time it can; using a GUI technology that was first invented by Apple, and then copyied by Microsoft... opearting in a huge net of nets (Internet) which originated as an DARPA research project...

Now YOU think about THAT for a minute... "

I see your point. And you're clearly a very intelligent individual.

My point being, without an easy to use OS like Bill created, we wouldn't be posting right now. We, meaning you, the other members of the board and I, thousands of miles away from each other.

Perhaps I should have posted in a more direct, analytical fashion, in hopes you could see the larger picture. :wink:

Peace :toast:

Paul

MI
Back