The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Adavice”/  “RollerAds”/

First time- Trying to follow Jay's lead

jsammy

affiliate
After some discussions with some folks here, I have decided to give Jay's case study found HERE a shot. I am going to try it with 2 or 3 very different (polar opposite) niche sites from amazon. But first, as the study begins, I need to find the right niches/keywords.

As of now I have broken it down to 16 Niche choices. I got rid of 7 based on looking at returns from searching on google, yahoo, etc. It really is hard choosing what ones to go with and here is the problem I am coming across:

SInce Jay put togehter that study, google keyword no longer exists. So I used the google keyword planner, but also used keywordpspy.com and I am coming across completely different answers. This is what I have:

NICHES.png

So which numbers do I use? Google or KeywordSpy? I might add, keywordspy would only allow me to use one country, so i picked US and google stats are with google and google partners. Of course if anyone has another Idea I am all ears.

Thoughts?

Just use the numbers as a guide. To get an idea how saturated your chosen niches are, just type the keyword into google and see how many ads show up on the page. If there are heaps, maybe too much competition, no ads means the niche is totally overlooked or there is no money there.

Right, but base on which numbers? I realize it's a guide, But niche 6 for example, google says 6600 and keyword spy says 200,00+

Which would you use? google keyword planner or a different keyword system like keyword spy? I am not trying to to be overly critical, but if I am going to put anywhere from 3-10 of these sites up int he next month, I might as well get it right the first time :)

What is the SERP results of that keywords?
Check that also to know how many pages are competing in that niche.

Can you suggest an online tool? I have tried 4-5 serp tools and they request my domain which either doesn't exist yet or is too knew to find...

I would go with 2,4 or 9 consistent middle of the road number but like Eymard says depends on the search engine results. Go through the first couple pages see if there is a scrub site you can over take.

I have keyword samurai I can run the words if you want to PM me. I won't steal them I have 3 projects on the front burner, and 10 projects in the works, don't need anymore. I've been working on html all day anything to not have to go back. lol

I appreciate the offer Adrian. I am going to see if I can wing this myself and either learn and succeed or fail and learn more....

EDIT: OH and after a quick glance in the search ollumns it did look like thee were some sites ranking high that are old. I assume use something like keywordspy, moz, etc and pull the keyword density off the site and use that?

Last edited:
I spent many a days on overture(defunct) and google serps. Just keep digging.
For the wine sample(lol you might need one) it would be
wine
red wine
white wine
california wine
best wine
how to make wine
wine accessories
wine tips
wine brands

Make it a tree start at the bottom and work your way up. Draw it on paper so you get a break from looking, "borrow" keywords from the sites you see.

Good Luck offers open if you ever want it.

Can you suggest an online tool? I have tried 4-5 serp tools and they request my domain which either doesn't exist yet or is too knew to find...
Those tools are to track keywords of your site ranks not to see the competitions.

Just use Googe.com/ncr, Proxy, or VPN to search the keyword and see the first page top 10 results (except ads). See if those 10 sites are strong or weak.

OK, so i did a bit of reconnaissance based on what adrian and dinabrokoth said. And I have found that the first 10 sites are strong to medium. once you get to page 2 or 3 it drops pretty rapidly. I also took a more detailed approach to google keyword planner. The noob that I am thinks the group planner isn't useful. After searching extensively on keywords, etc. the planner base don my initial keyword proposed this to me while I saw something completely different.

KEYWORD-PLANNER.png

Now I am reading this correctly, right? what I am looking at is better then the grouping proposed, correct?

Last edited:
MI
Back