“Adavice”/  “1Win

First steps on SEO

BobanV

Affiliate Manager
Affiliate Manager
Affilicom
Hi guys,

I know what it is and that's it.
I am in affiliate marketing and think that SEO should be my next step.

Any advice, book, free course, etc.

Thanks,

Boban

Hi guys, I know what it is and that's it. I am in affiliate marketing and think that SEO should be my next step.

Any advice, book, free course, etc.

It all depends on what your marketing efforts are. SEO would be more beneficial to a content site. Are you using landing pages like a bridge page to pre-sell a lead prospect and/or collect an opt-in, or are you looking to boost traffic to a content site like a niche blog?

Actually I am working like a freelancer in affiliate marketing and would like to know more about SEO to get more customers for my clients.
Also, I want to run my own e-business in near future and blog would be first step I guess.

Thanks TJ,

Boban

Actually I am working like a freelancer in affiliate marketing and would like to know more about SEO to get more customers for my clients.

By this do you mean you have specific contracted client businesses you are promoting? If so, are they brick and mortar or are they online businesses?

I guess what confuses me with your question is the word freelancer. There are two general ways to promote any business. One, promote through and affiliate network. Two, have a personal contract with the advertiser as an exclusive affiliate. there are a few other variations, but these is the primary two.

SEO is an art and it is a moving target. Also, remember, while SEO can be an important asset to develop for sites delivering content, there are others that are a must these days. Social involvement and development, appropriate back-linking, frequent new relevant content, tags, videos, images and graphics, guest posts and articles, syndication, etc.

Also, I want to run my own e-business in near future and blog would be first step I guess.

What type of eBusiness? Selling goods? Your own products? A Blog? A Forum? A viral site? I can go on all day with this. Can you be a little more specific? I might be able to point you in the right direction.

They are all online business, form eBook, Web Game to nutritional supplements. The point is I would like to learn SEO in generally, to be more competitive.
I think that I would start with blog probably, having some ideas about niche, but need a lot of all around experience to start.

Thanks,

Boban

For a beginner I would recommend setting up a WordPress Blog and create a content site. Then for SEO Plugins I would recommend the Yoast SEO Plugins with analytics'. The free version to start. You will need to set up a Google analytics' account to connect to the plugins. Learn to use the plugins' rich features and while doing so you will begin to understand some of the basics of SEO. In addition, it will benefit you to read the Yoast book on Optimizing WordPress. After this is comp[lete, then begin studying the more advanced SEO methods and tactics. You know, like anchors, keyword placement, content SEO, etc.

Last edited:
Fir a beginner I would recommend setting up a WordPress Blog and create a content site. Then for SEO Plugins I would recommend the Yoast SEO Plugins with analytics'. The free version to start. You will need to set up a Google analytics' account to connect to the plugins. Learn to use the plugins' rich features and while doing so you will begin to understand som,e of the basics of SEO. In addition, it will benefit you to read the Yoast book on Optimizing WordPress. After this is comp[lete, then begin studying the more advanced SEO methods and tactics. You know, like anchors, keyword placement, content SEO, etc.
Good info. there. I am also new to this industry and appreciate the advice.

Thanks, Mike

banners
Back