The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Adavice”/  “1Win

First journey

ALon laifer

affiliate
I hope im writting in the right place,i wanna start a journey,but since its my first one ever on mobile affiliate marketing i thought it would fit here better;)

after some research here is where i stand:

traffic source:
Buzzcity
Zeropark-pending
maybe Exoclick later on.

affiliate networks:

Expermobi
Yeahmobi-pending
clickdealer-pending

Tracking: Adsbridge for start,after ill make money ill try voluum as well.

Offer type: cpi,cps,direct links

I really want to do more complex things like sweepstakes,redirect traffic and stuff like that,but i think i need more experience and technical knowledge.so im starting with something more simple.

budjet i have now on buzzcity is with 100$ but i have more to add.

the verticals im thinking of are utilities,travel,entertainment,apps.

Any tips before i search for offers?

Good luck for your journey, I am sure you will reach your milestones soon.

For selecting the offers I suggest you to check my signature. Good luck again.

Regards
IndeXer

Yay, @ALon laifer ! Love that you're taking action and putting it out here so we can follow along, celebrate your successes and help when you need it.

Very best of luck and never give up. Come ask for help instead. :)

A first journey is so exciting! :)

Good luck in what you are planning to work on. I always believe that with proper research work, it is very rare to make mistakes that you will regret in regards to the niche that you have selected. I want also to inform you that at times there are challenges that you will face along the way. They should however not be the things that hinder you from getting where you want to be. Find the solutions to the challenges that come and you will fir sure be at the target in a few.

I want also to inform you that at times there are challenges that you will face along the way.

That's very true. If it weren't, there'd be no need for AFix to exist. :)

They should however not be the things that hinder you from getting where you want to be. Find the solutions to the challenges that come

Yes! And if you can't find them on your own, come here and ask, so your fellow 'Fixers can help.

@Dr. Forum - that was great advice you offered, thanks.

Thank you all for the positive feel here,i found a lot of information allready,and im sure that only time and effort will win here.thats good cos i have time.

About challenges-i like them,it makes life worth while!

Little update and few questions:

i got approved to Clickdealer,which looks pretty intimidating at first,didn't find tutorials on Clickdealer,not for new affiliate anyway,but there is plenty of readings i found on them so will be sorted.
and i spoke with the AM,he gave me some offers and ill be checking them out later.

Exoclick is the first traffic source,beginning budget with 200$,but i can add when i need,just for the beginning i prefer to stay humble.
the tracking network is Adsbridge,later ill try Voluum but only after ill start earning.
verticals-utilities,apps

Now for the things i still confused with:
whats the different between cake and hasoffer?
do i need to use postback?
i want to understand the chain of action,here is what i know till now:

1-pick offer
2-provide traffic
3-track

where in the chain are the postback,i know its super basic,im just confused with the affiliate id and the subid,if i dont have a domain yet do i need all this?(i gonna buy vps soon but still need to understand).

cheers

Last edited:
whats the different between cake and hasoffer?

They are different platforms. Cake is used by some affiliate networks; Hasoffers is a tracking platform, if I'm not mistaken.

do i need to use postback?

If you want to track conversions better, yes. A postback will allow your tracker to communicate data to the network's server. If you don't want details, you can get away without it but it's really good to have it. Data should become your best friend. :)

where in the chain are the postback,i know its super basic,im just confused with the affiliate id and the subid

It's okay, this is a huge challenge for most people, myself included.

Here's how it goes:

- Pick your offer
- Set up your tracking link using your affiliate link (you can assign subid's in the tracking software, usually)
- If you're using a postback, grab the postback URL from your tracking software and insert it into the correct spot in your affiliate dashboard
- Drive traffic to your ad, banner and/or landing page
- Consult your data to see what is working when

If you are creating your own custom landing page, you will need to put a tracking code in your landing page code. That also comes from your tracker.

Affiliate ID is the affiliate number assigned to you by the network. It will always remain the same and identifies you for receiving your conversion commissions.

SubIDs are tracking variables that you can add to the end of the offer link. For example:

offerlink.dot.com/?a=your_affiliate_number&c=the_offer_number&m=whatever#&s1=&s2=#cid#&s3=#amount#

That's a totally made up link, obviously. The portion in red is the subID part, the variables. How those look depends on what platform your network uses. Could be [subid] or something else but that's just the formatting, the concept is the same.

What you can track should be listed in your dashboard. Usually, it's things like cid, tid, amount, date, IP address, status, plus you should have 4 or 5 subIDs that you can customize as long as they are formatted correctly and are able to be read by your tracker and the network.

if i dont have a domain yet do i need all this?

Yes, if you want to learn how to track and read data (and you do) and to optimize your campaigns to make them profitable.

If you are truly perplexed on how all of this works, why not do a couple of campaigns using just subIDs so you can see it in action. Then apply a tracker. Then come ask any questions you have about it. :) If you're like me, you'll have some!

Last edited:
Wow,thanx azgold!!

that helped organize the process a lot.
Not perplexed at all,i need to practice a bit on that,i use to understand it better few years ago but totally forgot.
ill start without domain but very soon im getting one,i know that collecting data is super critical.

updates soon

Wow,thanx azgold!!

that helped organize the process a lot.
Not perplexed at all,i need to practice a bit on that,i use to understand it better few years ago but totally forgot.
ill start without domain but very soon im getting one,i know that collecting data is super critical.

updates soon

Understand that you're more than likely to lose that initial $200, but don't lose heart, if you stay at it you'll eventually get the hang of it!

I totally understand that its a learning process,and its an investment.the way i see it,and people might roll eyes now,if i learn the process and test and ask questions and make things more perfect each time-eventually with maxemizing my tracking skills i will able to bring profit,so i feel like its a sure thing ONLY IF YOU FULLY DEDICATED TO THIS. so im more excited to see what happens in few days after setting my first campaign.now im setting my account on adsbridge,then ill look for offers from the list i got.after that ill give the time to set a vps,domain and all that.

btw i found a lot of good information in the adsbridge support and user guide,noy only about adsbridge it self but on the hole process.

cheers

Last edited:
Im totally understand that its a learning process,and its an investment.the way i see it,and people might roll eyes now,if i learn the process and test and ask questions and make things more perfect each time-eventually with maxemizing my tracking skills i will able to bring profit,so i feel like its a sure thing ONLY IF YOU FULLY DEDICATED TO THIS. so im more excited to see what happens in few days after setting my first campaign.now im setting my account on adsbridge,then ill look for offers from the list i got.after that ill give the time to set a vps,domain and all that.

btw i found a lot of good information in the adsbridge support and user guide,noy only about adsbridge it self but on the hole process.

cheers

You have the perfect attitude to succeed! :)

Good morning to whoever woke up;)

If i applied for an offer but few mins later rethink the hole thing(even after all the time i searched on the list my AM had sent me)...now its pending.can i cancel my application(i dont see a cancel option in clickdealer,didnt find a guide on that)

or maybe the cancelation is made after im approved(what will be the effect here? is this something that will cause the network and\or advertiser ban me or something?)
cheers,have a great day on traffic;)

Good morning to whoever woke up;)

If i applied for an offer but few mins later rethink the hole thing(even after all the time i searched on the list my AM had sent me)...now its pending.can i cancel my application(i dont see a cancel option in clickdealer,didnt find a guide on that)

or maybe the cancelation is made after im approved(what will be the effect here? is this something that will cause the network and\or advertiser ban me or something?)
cheers,have a great day on traffic;)
There is no way to cancel and you don't need to, just ignore that offer lol

banners
Back