The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Propeller”/  MyBid

Finding and validating good offers

Guilherme

Hi Matuloo!

I know that to be successful, whether in this or any other business, you have to be patient and pass the learning curve. In another question answered by you, you talk about adapting to change to achieve longevity in the affiliate market. For this, I believe that constant updating and testing of new offers and models of advertising are crucial to longevity.
My question: How do you find good offers to promote and how much time and money do you spend on average to validate this offer?

These days, I'm staying within a limited amount of verticals, so I already have proven funnels at hand. This means that I don't need to spend a lot on testing new offers, I simply put them into rotation and they either show promise immediately or don't. I'm not saying they have to become profitable after $10, but since I'm comparing them with offers that currently work for me, I simply know what kind of performance I need to see.

I get tips on new offers from my affiliate managers mostly, they see what's working right now ... I also actively ask for tips from them, so I'm not just waiting for them to offer something. It's also a good idea to use a spytool like "Adplexity" and check what others are promoting.

@Matuloo, would you advise when just starting out and testing offers:

1. Test multiple allowed GEO's?
2. Direct link your offers first to see if any convert before optimizing with LP's etc.?
3. How many offers would you advise testing at first if you have an initial starting budget of $500.00?
4. Do you recommend spending 3 - 5x offer payout on testing the offer before scrapping it?

I really appreciate your time. :)

Hello @Guilherme , this is the main reason why our team developed a system to automate the process of hunting for good/proven offers for different geos > verticals, split testing them against each other inside one link and smartly auto-optimize them based on the best EPC so we can focus on higher level activities like mastering new traffic sources, optimising pubs fast, networking, so on.

We did a rigorous testing ourselves and it's very interesting to see the bigger difference in longevity and stability of the campaigns overall for those who ran this model versus those who don't.

Hello @Guilherme , this is the main reason why our team developed a system to automate the process of hunting for good/proven offers for different geos > verticals, split testing them against each other inside one link and smartly auto-optimize them based on the best EPC so we can focus on higher level activities like mastering new traffic sources, optimising pubs fast, networking, so on.

We did a rigorous testing ourselves and it's very interesting to see the bigger difference in longevity and stability of the campaigns overall for those who ran this model versus those who don't.

What network are you with? Feel free to plug. Lol.

@Matuloo, would you advise when just starting out and testing offers:

1. Test multiple allowed GEO's?
2. Direct link your offers first to see if any convert before optimizing with LP's etc.?
3. How many offers would you advise testing at first if you have an initial starting budget of $500.00?
4. Do you recommend spending 3 - 5x offer payout on testing the offer before scrapping it?

I really appreciate your time. :)

1. When starting out, you need to limit your testing environment due to budget problems, so start in 1 GEO.
2. Direct linking doesn't work pretty much anywhere anymore. PIN submits still do in some cases, but usually, you have to use LPs. Throwing some traffic at a bunch of offers without a LP to see if they work at all, is a strategy that several people use, but you need to send a significant amount of traffic - because without a LP, it's quite normal to see 0 conversions even after 100 or more banner clicks.
3. Depends on the payout. I assume you will be starting with low payouts, but still, do not start with more than 3-5 and keep them in the same vertical so you can effectively split test them.
4. With a somewhat proven funnel, 3-5 payout can be enough to see if the offer is usable or a total dud. If you're starting from scratch and have no idea about what you are doing, you need to test more. The key is to start getting multiple conversions in a set period of time and then asses how probable it is to improve the performance.

1. When starting out, you need to limit your testing environment due to budget problems, so start in 1 GEO.
2. Direct linking doesn't work pretty much anywhere anymore. PIN submits still do in some cases, but usually, you have to use LPs. Throwing some traffic at a bunch of offers without a LP to see if they work at all, is a strategy that several people use, but you need to send a significant amount of traffic - because without a LP, it's quite normal to see 0 conversions even after 100 or more banner clicks.
3. Depends on the payout. I assume you will be starting with low payouts, but still, do not start with more than 3-5 and keep them in the same vertical so you can effectively split test them.
4. With a somewhat proven funnel, 3-5 payout can be enough to see if the offer is usable or a total dud. If you're starting from scratch and have no idea about what you are doing, you need to test more. The key is to start getting multiple conversions in a set period of time and then asses how probable it is to improve the performance.

Extremely beneficial. Thank you.

Thanks Matuloo!

MI
Back