The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Adavice”/  “1Win

Few Questions regarding Niche & Mini Sites

Klaas Koopman

affiliate
Hi Stars,

I am running a website right now with some affiliate links on them, regarding travelling and such. Not really focussed on a niche but that aside.

I'm hearing everyone about niches and making money out of it. And if I'm right it's all about how much is a certain item asked for( how much is it searched for on the search engines, or talked about or something like this) and how much it is being offered. Here comes the question:

"I would like to be in the travelling business and am wondering, what could a niche be in the travelling business? Is it like travelling for singles? Could such an item be a niche?"

Mini Sites, landing pages, what is the difference? And in the travelling business I have never seen any landing page, is this because it is not do-able( cause I would know how to make it for travelling )?

And mini sites could they be like about a very very small subject? Which gets only like 200 visitors a month?(targeted)

Thank you all ahead who responses for your information.

Klaas Koopman

Hi Stars (I like that!)

I'll take a quick stab at your 1st question. Then I need to run and take care of other business for a bit.

"I would like to be in the travelling business and am wondering, what could a niche be in the travelling business? Is it like travelling for singles? Could such an item be a niche?"

A niche can be any sub-set, sub topic or demographic.
So yes travelling for singles could be a niche.
Or it could be location specific Netherland Vacations.
Or could be a specific product for travel like backbacks (hiking vacations)

Or could be a very nichey new travel demographic like parents-to-be. See babymoons.
"A growing number of resorts and destinations are offering special packages tailored to the needs and interests of parents-to-be."

The thing is the broad keywords related to travel are too tough to compete in unless you have lots of PPC money or a well aged, high PR site. The nichier you go the easier it is to get on top, but the less traffic you will get, due to fewer people searching.

Hence the search for the perfect niche - very targeted, yet still lots of interest and appeal.

Gotta run. Hopefully some other "Stars" will weigh in with answers to your Qs.

Thanks for explaining. So a niche could also be something that isn't searched for alot right now, but will be since it's new or reinvented?

And got any hints/tips on the mini sites story?

(And stars does sound great, so start using it, haha )

banners
Back