The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Propeller”/  MyBid

FeedFront Magazine Issue Ten

MattMcWilliams

Issue Ten of FeedFront Magazine is online and has some great articles, affiliate tips, coverage of Affiliate Summit West, including the Pinnacle Awards, and tons more!

My article entitled Of Golf and Affiliate Marketing on page nine talks about the importance of surrounding yourself with the right people in affiliate marketing. I share some valuable lessons in my life that learned growing up playing golf.

feedfront2.jpg

One of the quotes I reference is from one of my favorite people, Charlie ?Tremendous? Jones who said:

?You are the same today as you?ll be in five years except for two things, the people you meet and the books you read.?

In the article I warn affiliates against being sabotaged by negative relatives, friends, and online associates in the forums on in social media.

We all know them. They are the ones who think affiliates sit around all day playing on the computer or the affiliates who write 10 posts a day and 9 of them complain about how hard it is. They are all negative influences who drag us down.

Here is an excerpt:
If you want to be successful in affiliate marketing, stop hanging out with affiliates who whine all the time about the industry, their merchants, or their performance. Quit reading posts from people who demotivate you. Quit associating with friends who tell you that you need to get a ?real job.?

Instead, find people who have a positive attitude about affiliate marketing and support you in your efforts. Find people who have been doing this for a while, had their ups and downs, failures and successes, and associate with those people. Find members at a forum like ABestWeb who are positive and helpful and read their posts. If you find someone who is always negative, avoid their posts at all costs.

You can read the full article on page nine.

My friend and fellow Affiliate Manager, Patrick Vesperman, also writes a great article about building relationships and learning from them. Ironically, it is a great follow-up to my article :)

Here is an excerpt of that article:

Around this same time I met Matt McWilliams at Legacy Learning Systems. I was looking for advice and he responded to one of my questions. He could have emailed me and that would have been that. Instead, he called. He didn?t have to, but because he called, Matt and I continue to correspond and find that we have more in common than just our roles as affiliate managers.

Issue Ten might very well be FeedFront?s best yet. Well done Shawn Collins and Missy Ward.

Read it all here

I see Mr. LPO (Landing Page Optimization) Tim Ash has a featured article on the mag. He is one of the truly unique and talented speakers to crossover into SEM and Affiliate Marketing.

Way to go Tim!

Excellent article Matt, you raised an important point and a valuable lesson.

It is definitely not easy when you realize you have to distance yourself from someone. Both negativity and positive outlooks are contagious. In my opinion, both may see problems and areas that need improvement but only one believes in the possibility of solutions - and acts on it. We all need to decide what we want to subject ourselves to.

Off to read the other articles. :)

banners
Back