The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Propeller”/  Direct Affiliate

[FB] CPC doubles and a question about FraudBuster.

FrozenGod

affiliate
Hey, so I'm running a pretty successful campaign on Facebook but there are a couple of downsides to this:
1) The niche is against FB's TOS and even tho I made a pre-lander so it will look much less black-hat - it still has some aggressive aspects (tested without em, it drops the ROI drastically).
2) Since I don't have a quality supply of accounts I'm running a $20-$40 budget a day from 3-4 accounts each.
3) My client only allows desktop clicks with 2 countries so I'm at a maximum reach of 700,000 people a day.

So the problem is that like 10 days ago the CPC was 5c-10c and a couple of days ago it jumped to 10-20c (thus I got /2 clicks and the ROI is /2 lower).
Does that mean that I've reached all the potential people in this audience? Or maybe when I add a new account to the cycle it shows the ads to the same people who seen the ads with previous accounts?
Or maybe that's just something related to Facebook / Holidays in those regions and I should just wait for it to change back?

Something about FraudBuster:
A friend of mine who's doing 4 figures a day said that his partners are saying FraudBuster is stealing like 5%-10% of the traffic and sends them to malicious websites with toolbars/plugins/viruses etc and all of them are now moving to BlackJack's JCI.
I could check that if I didn't had such a mess here with all those accs running and I'm afraid that the calculation can be wrong and ill accuse Fraud Buster for nothing.
Anyone with a simple 1-acc campaign who can verify this info? (compare FB clicks and Tracking/GA visitors).

Thanks.

Last edited:
Please be very careful with campaigns which could violate the TOS of Facebook.
If Facebook is banning you, you not only have lost your campaign, but also lost your accounts - which is the always the worst case scenario, since - as you hopefully know - Facebook is storing your IP(s), which then means in turn, Facebook will be warned, if you'll try to re-open a new profile- / page-account(s) ;)

@ the auction bids: if the prize is raising, that usually means you got more and higher bidding competitors for same clicks.
Either you will raise your own bids, too, or try to increase the relevance of your content - or leave the auction to the benevolence of your own Minister of Finance.

Have you collected some leads of your clicks? - Because then you could upload these leads to Facebook, create a custom audience and out of that a lookalike audience, and thus target your clicks again.

@FraudBuster: No idea about that, I'm a whitehat with a white vest on a white horse :):affiliatefix:

Last edited:
@Marc Well since you are a "whitehat with a white vest on a white horse" marketer, I will just pass on this reply because it seems that there are lots of things you don't know about.
A great percent of marketers are doing this stuff, and we are always ready for banned AD accounts and other issues you described.
Proxies, VPS and new accounts are a part of our job. I'm actually on a new whitehat campaign right now but you can't leave a campaign that brings in good money just because "accounts are getting banned".
Cheers.

Oh and by the way, when they block your ads account, you don't get your account banned as well. Please do some research before replying to people, as some newbies may actually listen.

No prob, bro, that's perfectly OK.
So good luck :ninja:;)

That's why I've distinguished between profile and page in my nonsense :):p

You mean that's why you edited your post so it'll look more polite, like changing the "Do not run" to "Please be careful".
Aight mate, we're in the same biz, I don't see a reason why this thread should convert from a question to a discussion about nothing valuable.
Wish you all the best and please do your best to reply to the point next time.

You mean that's why you edited your post so it'll look more polite, like changing the "Do not run" to "Please be careful".
Aight mate, we're in the same biz, I don't see a reason why this thread should convert from a question to a discussion about nothing valuable.
Wish you all the best and please do your best to reply to the point next time.
Aww, thank you sooo much for your good wishes :)

And have lots of fun with the straight to the point answers you will get to your Qs.

firstly your cpc will never be fixed, even if your cpc was in a consistent range for example 5 - 10cents for a period of time, its an auction, someone with a better CTR or bid amount will outbid you.

Regarding fraudbuster, since they moved to a hosted environment similar to Justkloakit (blackjack) they within a capacity of seeing whatever your campaign has or where you getting traffic from, doesn't matter which cloaker you choose, they the same. For example I also heard 2 years ago blackjack was doing the same thing and I somehow moved to fraudbuster self hosted platform at that time.

In my opinion they both are the best cloakers in the market, it's a matter of good faith when you use these platforms, just hope for the best.

MI
Back