The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Propeller”/  Direct Affiliate

Favorite Banner Sizes?

Julia15

Hey Everyone,

This question is actually for all you affiliates out there. We're in the process of developing some new banner campaigns and I would appreciate any feedback on which banner sizes you prefer.

I know there are the usual standard sizes - 125x125, 120x90, 468x60, etc. so which ones do you like working with best?

Any other feedback on favorite banner styles and features would also be greatly appreciated.

Thanks! :D

I think its the Banner Quality that really matters. Recently I saw an Amazon banner after seeing which I was like "Wow". It had really cool graphics, and displayed the 10% discount and 3 Top Seller Books perfectly. Can't remember where I saw it.

But, I think if the banner has a "Wow" factor to it, it can help you make a sale.

So, I don't vote for a size, I vote for the "Wow" factor in a banner. :)

For me, I just want them to follow the standard sizes. We rotate banners in certain areas so if they aren't a standard size we can't use them. Stick with the 468x60's of the world and please don't make them 468x75.

Thanks.

Fatboy ads at PointRoll - Online Advertising Rich Media Provider.

Very cool!! I'll see what we can do about incorporating some of these into our creative database. :)

468x60's seem to be a very popular size - big enough to include a decent amount of information, but not so huge that they overwhelm the page.

For me I just place the banners where I think they would look good. So the selection of ad formats will depend on my sites design and I will never know this until I have designed it. Some for some pages I will use skyscraper ads and then for others I may use square or leaderboards. It depends on how each page is designed. I prefer to not work with the ads around my content rather than work my content around the ads, if you get what I mean.

I'm having good click-through's with the 300x250 size, but also still use the standard 468 x 60.

Thanks for the additional feedback - I guess we'll stick with the usual sizes for now. We can usually make custom-sized banners for those affiliates that request it anyway. :)

This is a somewhat off-topic remark, but I like to create lots of content sites and find that text-linked affiliate links always have the highest conversions for me.

So I guess as long as an aff network always gives the text link option, I can continue my run...

I'm with Andrew on this one. For me personally, I like variety, but I also love my text links.

If I had to go with a banner, I'd say 125, 300, and 468 are my favorite sizes. Also, I don't mind animated banners as long as they're tasteful (very cool link, Bobbie). If a banner were to become too distracting or started containing sound, then there'd be a problem.

~ Teli

I also prefer text links. I never hardly use banner image ads on my sites. I mainly use text links. They are more custom and better than banner image ads any day I find, but this disscussion is not about text links unless I miss-read something.

Hi John,
The discussion is about banners, but I wanted to flag that text links convert very well for me.

I know the proactive aff networks go out of their way to create custom graphics and landing pages, which is all well and good.

The mark of a great AM is the ability to talk to them and get some ideas, and push the CPA conversions.

It's OT, but my way of contributing a contrarian viewpoint.

I also prefer text links. I never hardly use banner image ads on my sites. I mainly use text links. They are more custom and better than banner image ads any day I find, but this disscussion is not about text links unless I miss-read something.

Banner sizes

Hi

468x60's are the best to work with. I have produced hundreds of banners in the past and these are the easiest to work with in terms of design. The allow easy flow of text, you never have to worry of the text being centred aligned or the huge margains around the sides as you would with a 125x125 or 500x500 banner.

Plus you can always use the length of the 468x60 o your advantage i.e for film banners it immediately allows you to show a widescreen effect.

P.s

If anyone asks you to do banner design or you fancy going into it my advice would be- don't.

It is one of the most repetitive design jobs going and no matter how good your design skills are, your ideas soon run out.

banners
Back