The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Propeller”/  Direct Affiliate

Facebook Post went Viral - 21,714,513+ reached

Luke

Service Manager
Service Manager
FPTraffic
Hey guys. I thought you might be interested in checking out this post on one of my Facebook Pages that went viral on October 29th.

post.png

To be honest, I didn't even see it had went viral until a week or two after. That post has doubled my Page size. It had just over 100k Likes before it went viral and now has over 204k (17k+ new this week).

Engagement has been great and I'm reaching over a million people a day now on average.

UMNucu7.png

I'm optimistic it will continue to grow with all the great Eminem content I am pushing out to all the new people in my audience :)

Hi Luke, this is interesting - there are no copyright issues when using something like "Eminem quotes"?

Hi Luke, this is interesting - there are no copyright issues when using something like "Eminem quotes"?
There's always the possibility. I'm not a copyright lawyer so I would never give you advice on something like that, but I've never had any issues. I'd hope, if anything, Eminem would appreciate that I got his image in front of another 20M people. Similar to how Beavis should be happy you're using his image in your avatar ;)

There's always the possibility. I'm not a copyright lawyer so I would never give you advice on something like that, but I've never had any issues. I'd hope, if anything, Eminem would appreciate that I got his image in front of another 20M people. Similar to how Beavis should be happy you're using his image in your avatar ;)
:) I am not a copyright lawyer either but I am pretty sure Beavis is more then happy that I share his picture....But I dont sell anything connected to him and i see amazon aff links on "Eminem quotes" page. Really not sure if this is allowed or not - I was always scared to try something like this, scared of being sued.

:) I am not a copyright lawyer either but I am pretty sure Beavis is more then happy that I share his picture....But I dont sell anything connected to him and i see amazon aff links on "Eminem quotes" page. Really not sure if this is allowed or not - I was always scared to try something like this, scared of being sued.
I'm not lawyer or social media marketer. But, Don't be scared @traged. Luke ain't scared. he got 21million reach.
It's definitely scary, but I think more than likely if there were an issue, they would simply ask Facebook to take down your Page.

I also own the largest Fan Page for the TV show Modern Family and a few years ago they sent me on an all-expense paid trip to their Fan Appreciation Day. I blogged about it here: Modern Family Fan Appreciation Day #mofyday

I've been doing the Fan Page thing for about 6 years now and have never had any copyright issues. If someone asks me to take down a Page or certain content, I would happily do it. I'm just hopeful that won't happen because they realize the value I am adding to their brand.

This is interesting case. I am thinking about the numbers... Can you tell us *approximately* how much can we expect to earn per month with a fanpage like that (200k fans)?

This is interesting case. I am thinking about the numbers... Can you tell us *approximately* how much can we expect to earn per month with a fanpage like that (200k fans)?
No, sorry, there are far too many variables to give you an estimate. I have a Page with just over 800k Likes that I generate thousands of dollars a month from though. It just depends on the niche, your audience, and the effort you put into it.

Luke, do you build subscriber bases with any of your pages, or are you primarily using the highly targeted traffic for highly related offers on the pages without focusing on subscribers for email promotions and such?

Wow, wow, wow!!! What numbers, @LukePeerFly :affiliatefix::)

How long did it take you to build this page w/ these numbers?

You should change your name from Luke into 'Lucky' :);)
I started the Eminem Page in 2014. I spent about $100 building my base audience, but it's grown organically since then and I haven't spent any other money advertising.

Luke, do you build subscriber bases with any of your pages, or are you primarily using the highly targeted traffic for highly related offers on the pages without focusing on subscribers for email promotions and such?
With the Eminem Page, I do post a link to my FPInbox for it every once in awhile and I've built a small list using that. With this Page though, I'm primarily just monetizing through Amazon and some shirt sales through Teespring.

Within 2 years you can reach 21 million people? - I am speechless!!! :oops:

What a potential !!!
You can probably do it even sooner than that if you really try. This Page has been on autopilot for the majority of that time lol

You can probably do it even sooner than that if you really try. This Page has been on autopilot for the majority of that time lol
On autopilot? How exactly are you generating content? I see you are mostly posting just pictures without comments and there are lots of them on google images for example, so i suppose those are search automatically and sheduled. But sometimes you post pictures with a comment, those are created manually?

thanks a lot

You do all realise that this won't last? Once the vitality of it has died the page will drop back down in reach. I have things go viral at least twice a month and they all die within a week or two. But, the bonus is you gain tons of new likes while something is viral, so the key is to look at it carefully and work out what was so good about the thing that went viral, and try do it again and again, that's all you can do, Facebook won't let the page reach people indefinitely.

Wow, Maximum I receive 40 to 50 likes per week.

Which software you are using which display details like you post in your image?
The stats are coming from FPTraffic.

On autopilot? How exactly are you generating content? I see you are mostly posting just pictures without comments and there are lots of them on google images for example, so i suppose those are search automatically and sheduled. But sometimes you post pictures with a comment, those are created manually?

thanks a lot
I gather the content using FPTraffic's content tools. Here are two articles I recently published on our most recently added sources:
I use the FPTraffic scheduler to post to my Pages. So, once I have a few hundred posts scheduled, I don't have to even look at the Page for months. We have a pretty cool Chrome extension that makes it easy to pull images from other sites too that I talked about here on AffiliateFix.

I don't worry too much about descriptions (comments). I add some, but for the most part, I post quotes and stuff so it's not needed :)

You do all realise that this won't last? Once the vitality of it has died the page will drop back down in reach. I have things go viral at least twice a month and they all die within a week or two. But, the bonus is you gain tons of new likes while something is viral, so the key is to look at it carefully and work out what was so good about the thing that went viral, and try do it again and again, that's all you can do, Facebook won't let the page reach people indefinitely.
I do realize that the daily new reach of the post will decrease over time. It's already not "as viral" as it was, but I'm still getting over 3k new Likes a day on the Page. But, I am consistently posting to my Page to keep my new audience engaged and I believe I'll be able to keep my reach up over a million/day for awhile because of this viral post. Hopefully long enough that I'll be able to get something else to go viral :)

I thought you guys might be interested in an update. My reach is averaging about 700k/day now and I'm still getting over 1,000 new Likes a day for free.

I'm going to work to monetize my new audience and will post updates :)

I do realize that the daily new reach of the post will decrease over time. It's already not "as viral" as it was, but I'm still getting over 3k new Likes a day on the Page. But, I am consistently posting to my Page to keep my new audience engaged and I believe I'll be able to keep my reach up over a million/day for awhile because of this viral post. Hopefully long enough that I'll be able to get something else to go viral :)

How big is your page? Generally if a post really does go viral it will last a couple weeks and you will be left with a levelled out daily growth. So you may get 3000 per day for a while and it might level out at 300 until the next one goes viral. The bigger you get the easier it is..

Just be very careful on the content, my entire website recently got banned and my huge page got shut down because of a tiny little policy violation and it's lost me 30% daily traffic and earnings....started the next site lol

I have@FPTraffic account its really very good
That's great to hear! Appreciate the awesome feedback :)

How big is your page? Generally if a post really does go viral it will last a couple weeks and you will be left with a levelled out daily growth. So you may get 3000 per day for a while and it might level out at 300 until the next one goes viral. The bigger you get the easier it is..

Just be very careful on the content, my entire website recently got banned and my huge page got shut down because of a tiny little policy violation and it's lost me 30% daily traffic and earnings....started the next site lol
The Page is at just over 250k Likes now. My viral post lasted a couple months, but has definitely leveled out a bit. All the new content I am posting daily from FPTraffic is helping keep up the growth though :)

Okay, just signed on for FPTraffic and am setting up some posts.

What got me really excited is the idea that I can use Amazon Affiliates on my own author page on Amazon. We'll see how that campaign goes over the course of a month.

If nothing else, the data will be interesting, both in terms of clicks to Amazon and increased growth on the page.

But one thing I can say for sure is that this looks like it's going to solve a HUGE problem that I couldn't find another solution for.

And the search is coming up with uncannily perfect images for sharing related to my niche.

Excited! :)

banners
Back