The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Propeller”/  Direct Affiliate

Facebook Case Study Direct Linking with iFrame

Luke

Service Manager
Service Manager
FPTraffic
Last week I posted my first ever case study on my affiliate manager blog about a small campaign I ran direct linking an offer using an iFrame with Facebook Ads:

Facebook Ads Case Study – Movie Tickets

The campaign didn't go great, but I posted it as a case study to give a little bit of information on my bidding strategy and targeting users.

Is anyone else iFraming on Facebook with Facebook Ads. Having any big successful campaigns? How does your bidding strategy differ from mine? Please feel free to share :)

I'm about to start (actually in the middle of) promoting via facebook ads and iFrames. I was going to use my peerfly account, but I kind of shied away from it because of the "LIMITED Facebook promotion" warning on the offers.

Matter of fact, I was going to PM and ask exactly what that meant. lol

As far as your bidding strategy goes, I.... prolly would have cut down on the number of people the ad targeted. Maybe my thinking on the subject is wrong (this is all theoretical talk), but a term like Regal Cinema is really broad. I would think that people who are interested enough to tag it on Facebook are prolly employees or something. lol

I guess it would be cool for casting the net wide, but I prolly would have targeted upcoming movies and found the states with the most searches over the last 90 days using google insight+demographics for said movies using quantcast.

Bidding CPM.... well, that's something I wish I knew about the first time I touched facebook PPC and got burned horribly. lol I lost like 80 bucks! But you live and you learn, right?

Do you bid CPM only? or do you switch to CPC once you're sure you have a winning ad+copy combination?

oh, and nice blog, BTW. It's always great to read/listen to somebody in the CPA/Marketing game who isn't trying to sell you something or show you how cool they are.

I'm about to start (actually in the middle of) promoting via facebook ads and iFrames. I was going to use my peerfly account, but I kind of shied away from it because of the "LIMITED Facebook promotion" warning on the offers.

Matter of fact, I was going to PM and ask exactly what that meant. lol

Nevermind this question. I'm reading through your blog and found a post where you go into great detail about this. thanks!

As far as your bidding strategy goes, I.... prolly would have cut down on the number of people the ad targeted. Maybe my thinking on the subject is wrong (this is all theoretical talk), but a term like Regal Cinema is really broad. I would think that people who are interested enough to tag it on Facebook are prolly employees or something. lol

I guess it would be cool for casting the net wide, but I prolly would have targeted upcoming movies and found the states with the most searches over the last 90 days using google insight+demographics for said movies using quantcast.

I'm not sure if you've ever been to a Regal cinema, but they have a card you can use to get free things for being an active customer. I just moved to Florida and there are Regals everywhere around me and my wife and I enjoy going to the movies, so we are officially Regal fans. You're probably right that a decent % of the people who have Regal marked may be employees, but there is definitely a decent following of loyal customers.

I did target upcoming movies as well and overall it didn't perform quite as well with the small test I did. I like your thinking though and agree that with some more testing and research, it could probably yield some very nice results.

I typically ONLY bid CPM. If I have a winning ad my goal is to just beat the living daylight out of it with my CTR and get the lowest CPM possible (I've seen $0.007/click, which you can't beat CPC :)).

I typically ONLY bid CPM. If I have a winning ad my goal is to just beat the living daylight out of it with my CTR and get the lowest CPM possible (I've seen $0.007/click, which you can't beat CPC :)).

OMG! That's amazing! What is your CTR Luke? :eek:

Interesting that CPM works so well for you. I use CPC almost all the time. I find it easier to control the spending, CTR is better and campaigns usually run longer without having to change the ads.

I get your point, CPM is the only way to get clicks under 1 cent, almost for free in some case, but usually, FB fucks me with low CTR on same campaign that had higher CTR while it was running on CPC:)

Hey luke, you could also do a search and find what states have the most regal cinemas and get a little more granular with your geo targeting. Brands of theatres are so competitive that new ones pop up all over the country. in fact Regal Cinema's may have a group of brands all within the Regal Family that you could target as well that might be more specific. just a thought.

MI
Back