The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Adavice”/  “RollerAds”/

Facebook Advertising

MarkStrobel3367

affiliate
I am considering advertising on Facebook. What is holding me back is knowing that AdBlock can simply prevent all the ads from view. I use a browser that has Adblock built in. I never see ads when I visit Facebook.

I cannot find any studies that report on how many people use Adblock or how many use Adblock to block ads specifically on Facebook.

I guess what I am wondering is how much does Adblock affect Facebook advertising. Does anyone have any thoughts on this issue? Thanks.

That's an excellent question, Mark. I don't use ad-blockers, and I disable those that come with browsers (e.g., Firefox, still my default browser after all these years).

I don't know if there's an easy way around it but I have found Facebook ads to be effective. Remember that Facebook is a site with a high proportion of mobile users and the native Facebook app does not block ads.

Thank you for your feedback and links! I have read the number of folks using Adblock or similar extension, is on the rise. Yet at the same time, I have read that many advertisers benefit from Facebook ads. I also understand that the ads are Facebooks principal was of producing revenue. So, the pressure for Facebook to make these ads a success, I assume would be great.

When conducting an Internet search on this issue, I could not find one article that discouraged advertising on Facebook because of ad blocking extensions. That is why I thought that it would be worth my while to post this issue on forums before starting my own campaign.

I think traditional banner type adverts and pop ups are going to become a thing of the past. It will be mainly about creating interesting content, like simple games, funny videos or useful articles. Especially for social. However if it still pays to fill ad space then its still worth doing.

I am, also, looking at Facebook marketing. Is posting an Ad more effective that boosting your posts. Second question is can I run either one on a pay per click charge?

Hello Mark,

You are definitely over-analyzing here.

Considering the massive reach you can get on Facebook this is a non-issue.

Perhaps the more important question here is: What are you looking to advertise?

Maybe Facebook isn't the right fit for what you're looking to advertise in the first place, however, If you let me know what you're promoting, I can definitely steer you in the right direction and if Facebook is indeed a fit, Can give you some strategies for getting started.

Hello Mark,

You are definitely over-analyzing here.

Considering the massive reach you can get on Facebook this is a non-issue.

Perhaps the more important question here is: What are you looking to advertise?

Maybe Facebook isn't the right fit for what you're looking to advertise in the first place, however, If you let me know what you're promoting, I can definitely steer you in the right direction and if Facebook is indeed a fit, Can give you some strategies for getting started.

Thank you for your response. I plan to promote parenting webinars and conferences for k-12 educators.

Thank you for your response. I plan to promote parenting webinars and conferences for k-12 educators.

Hello Mark,

Great!

Facebook is definitely one of the platforms you'll want to target in that niche.

You'll just want to be sure that whatever landing page or site that you send your traffic to is Facebook compliant, meaning the page has the following: Legal Information - Terms Of Use - Contact Us

Other than that, I can't imagine you would have any problems and I wouldn't worry about the small percentage of your reach that has Ad Blockers of some sort.

banners
Back