The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Propeller”/  Direct Affiliate

Facebook a no no now?

Theres still HUGE money to be made on facebook. The entry barrier just got a little bit higher and certain verticals don't work at all without cloaking but its nothing new.
If you are new to affiliate marketing I wouldn't learn the ropes on Facebook. I would try something like trafficjunky / exoclick and grow from there.

Many things work on Facebook, even Gambling...

But it's not really about what you are promoting, its HOW these affiliates are going about doing it.

Which ruins the experience for people on FB and goes against their terms which is the reason why they get banned.

Tuan - Would you mind elaborating a little?

You can run Diet, Bizzop, Skin, Gambling, Gaming, Dating.... Trust me MANY people are doing so RIGHT NOW.

And they are doing it COMPLIANTLY.

Which means no cloaking, baiting and switching offers, etc.

They are providing real content, keeping visitors within Facebook, gathering an opt in lead within Facebook before moving the visitor
outside of Facebook to promote offers...

They are basically doing everything the way Facebook wants.

I am not going to elaborate too much on this, but the ones who have banned accounts and can't promote stuff are having this problem
because they are trying to 'game' the system.

They are playing cat and mouse, and eventually FB will catch you and ban you.

Just try to be compliant, and if you can run $60,000+ in ad spend per month for a few months then you can get yourself a dedicated account rep
that will help make sure you keep things running compliantly.

I am still doing great on Facebook. The rules are always changing for all the platforms and it isn't different for Facebook, but you can still get affiliate offers up and running there if you choose the right ones and also use the right process to set up the campaigns.

So, no, Facebook is definitely not dead for affiliates.

It may be getting a little tougher, but I certainly don't see advertising with FB going anywhere, any time soon. They're are making far too much money to do away with it entirely...certainly not dead yet.

MI
Back