The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Adavice”/  “1Win

EzineArticles Declares War on Affiliates

Linda Buquet

affiliate
If you are copy pasting articles, spinning or regurgitating PLR content just to drive it to an affiliate site, watch out. EzineArticles is cracking down on affiliates that generate "thin" content.

The above methods are not the way to generate quality content and when you take short cuts like this, you can short circuit your affiliate business.

<a href="http://blog.ezinearticles.com/2009/10/our-war-with-affiliate-marketers.html">Our War With Affiliate Marketers</a>

Most affiliate marketers don’t write original content and if they do write their own articles… their articles are thin, regurgitated Frankenstein article spin-written by some software program… only to flip our end users to a clickbank site (ie: they added no value in the process).

We want our million+ daily end users to leave with a positive experience. Delivering thin non-original articles only to flip the end users to a long sales letter page that further promises the moon and stars for only $49.99 does not always deliver a positive end-user experience.

A question then. I just got a new client who has a jewelry site. If I have a landing page that is selling gold necklaces - and my EZA article's link is pointing to the landing page - will EZA have a problem with this?

From what I'm reading here - I guess they will.

That's not the way I read it.

As long as the article is original and well written I don't think they have a problem with it linking to an affiliate page. They just have a problem with people writing no-value-added junk to try to make a buck.

If you are an affiliate marketer, you should be writing quality, original articles to promote your programs. In the case that you do this, you will have no problem with Ezine. All they are really doing is declaring war on crappy articles, not affiliates.

I agree, taking the time to write a quality article will pay off. PLR and rehashed content doesn't show up well in the search engines anyway, especially Google.

This can go either way... how do they define "thin" content? Granted, some articles are more content rich than others... but where do they plan to draw the line? If it is original content, it is not necessarily good enough?

Ezinearticles want quality contents and that's it but itsn't new because they have been screening articles before approving them ever since I knew them(Ezinearticles).

A question then. I just got a new client who has a jewelry site. If I have a landing page that is selling gold necklaces - and my EZA article's link is pointing to the landing page - will EZA have a problem with this?

From what I'm reading here - I guess they will.

Although Ezine Articles want and by rights deserve quality from it's writers they do require that the bio box link to a domain and not an affiliate page. I have gotten into trouble several times with them by linking to an affiliate page. I have even purchased a domain for purpose of redirect to an affiliate product or page and still gotten into trouble with them. My only recourse was to build a landing page and then link from my landing page, which as most know, needs to be content worthy, then on to your affiliate site or page. I don't think that they even accept linking to URL's with extentions either. Now once they were accepting U.S.free ads links for linking to affiliate products and pages. i haven't been there in a couple of months now so I don't know if thats changed at all.
Generally you would be able to pay U.S. free ads $9.00 a month for use of their editor to build full page ads and those links generated there you could use in the bio box at Ezine articles and be linking to an affiliate product or page without a problem.

Does your bio box at ezine link to a registered domain that you own or does it link to an affiliate page or redirect to an affiliate page or product?

See Below!

EzineArticles.com Editorial Guidelines: (AFFILIATE PROGRAMS):

Affiliate links will be allowed if the link is a domain name you own which forward/redirects to the affiliate link from the top-level of the domain name. For example, it is permissible to forward to an affiliate link from:

http://your-company-name.com/

...but it would not be permissible to forward to an affiliate link from:

http://your-company-name.com/page.html
http://your-company-name.com/subdirectory/
http://your-company-name.com/subdirectory/page.html
http://sub-domain.your-company-name.com/

Any article with an affiliate link that does not adhere to this guideline will cause the article to be rejected.

What gets me is that I have purchased domains for purpose of redirecting to affiliate pages and although you can see where it says that that is permissable, up top, my article was still rejected for it. I think that you can write them and contest that though and they will correct the rejection.

Cheers :)
Salamei

Instead of worry about their increasingly stringent requirements, I just moved on.

I recently hit page 1 #5 with an article posted to associated content ...
Ezinearticles denied another attempted submission of mine, so I made a Squidoo lens with it.
There are plenty of directories and submission sites out there, do not get hung up on one.
Just never let ANYTHING disway you from succeeding.

If one way does not work, or changes against you, move on and keep plugging away.

Patrick

It's about time. Some of the articles I've read on there are ridiculously poor and yet someone approves these articles before they are published

Maybe ezineartices has a little of the responsibility there

There are tons of other article directories that you can use. Go Articles is a great one and actually has shown to respond better lately to backlinks than Ezine does. The one thing Ezine has over the others is the instant traffic you get when your article gets published.

I do agree with this step, i think an article should give the quality value (deserved) for the reason why the reader decides to read it.

banners
Back