The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Adavice”/  “1Win

Excessive linking with one anchor text

temi

affiliate
My new Link Bid Script site PHP Link Bid Script - Free Bid Web Directory Link Software was dropped by Google from Page one position 5 to page 2 position 7 or so for the keywords: Link Bid Script .

I have a conversation with a member of this forum whose site has gone from top 3 pages to a page over 100 for a keyword his site has been ranking well for previously.

I think this demonstrate the danger of linking or should I say over linking to a site, with the same anchor text.

The one for my Link Bid Script is caused by the fact that the scrip carries: powered by Link Bid Script.

Next release of the script I will change the anchor text to something else.

Yes I suppose it`s always a temptation just to use what could be viewed as the best text phrase, when it`s better really to change them around a bit.

Temi, i still belive that googlebomb works. I rather think that your site might be not accessible for a short period and unluckily the googlebot found that.

Bagi,
Please explain better.
1. Googlebomb works? for good or for bad?
2. My site may not be accessible for a short period, you mean my site may have been offline and Googlebot found out it was offline and mark me down for it?
Thanks

Temi, as you know i took apart in a seo contest not very long ago. As i experienced every seo contests can be won by googlebomb, the same (targetted) anchor from as many sites as you can, and from much more.

I usually experience 1-3 page ranking drop when googlebot find my site offline. I try to explain the ranking changes and i think the broken link and the offline site are the most frequent causing of the drops.

Yes Bagi,
Since about three days ago, my site has been nunber 1 and number 2 for that keyword, thanks to friends like you :)

Friend are a very nice additional aid in optimization. My rankings also reflect that.

So now you are saying that excessive linking using the same keyword txt (aka google bomb) is good?

It works BUT I will not use it as a long term strategy in optimising a site nor would I recommend it.
I have a felling G does not like it, you could even banned for it if its done excessively

banners
Back