The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Adavice”/  “1Win

Examples of Different Types of Affiliate Sites

Linda Buquet

affiliate
One of the most common questions I'm asked on the forum is "can you show me some examples of good affiliate sites?" I don't blame people for asking, but I obviously can't share affiliate sites due to confidentiality. Most affiliates are pretty private about their sites and many have had their ideas stolen, sites copied or niches taken when they have shared their sites on a public forum.

So I was happy to see this post by Geno showing different styles of affiliate sites complete with links and screen shots. If you've been curious to see some good examples of different types of affiliate sites, here you go.

<strong><a href="http://www.amnavigator.com/blog/2009/08/04/affiliate-websites-types-and-examples/">Affiliate Websites - Types and Examples</a></strong>

Both affiliates and merchants frequently ask me for examples of affiliate websites. Normally, I tell everyone that it isn?t exactly right for an affiliate program manager to give away the URL?s of his affiliates? websites. But there is a way to do it right. I?ll show you examples of affiliate websites that you have either already heard of (and haven?t paid attention that they are monetizing their traffic via affiliate programs), or those that have okayed their representation in this post. I will look at 5 types of affiliate websites: (i) content-based, (ii) coupons-focused, (iii) rebates- or cashback-oriented, (iv) shopping mall, and (v) comparison shopping.

Last edited by a moderator:
Wow awesome stuff. Me like it.
655.jpg
I have just book market it.

Thanks linda.

Cheers.

For building up any website originality of the content is the golden key. Always use your own voice and go for the subject that you have interested in already. If you can combine them with data feeds by merchants, you will have a very nice combination. In whatever attempt you do to create your own project, always pay enough attention to SEO.

At the final point, how much you can optimize it for Search Engines is as important as which method you choose to do your affiliate sites.

Cheers

It is veery hard to be original in this day and age. You will always find ideas which have been created before. But interest in the subject is key. You need a passion for your project.

It is veery hard to be original in this day and age. You will always find ideas which have been created before. But interest in the subject is key. You need a passion for your project.

I couldn't agree more with flammableeye :)

What makes your site better than the others that offer the same?

Although you will always find an idea that have been created before as posted above, without looking at another affiliate's site for ideas, the idea may still come across as not the same just because you're putting it into your own (creative) words. It's kind of like a class of kids writing an essay on the same thing.. They will all be the same, but all be different because the essays are all coming from their own heads. If you let half the kids write an essay, let the other half read them, then write their own, you could almost guarantee that the second half would be almost identical to the first.

On the other hand, one thing I always tell affiliates when they ask me for examples of affiliate sites is to go to their favourite search engine and type in the keyword they would like to rank for. Take away all the sites that are owned by the company whos product you're promoting, and most will be affiliate sites..

Cheers
Renee

I hate when I think I have a great idea and start looking around only to find couple hundred thousand people already doing it. That always happened while back on ebay when I looked into doing dropshipping. When I found a product that had a good mark-up, there were already hundred auctions for it. Sometimes you just have to be lucky?

Isn't it true that many merchants will not allow you to incentivize people for buying via your site? According to this post it seems like there isn't such an issue at all....

Isn't it true that many merchants will not allow you to incentivize people for buying via your site? According to this post it seems like there isn't such an issue at all....

There are a handful that will not but thousands that will. You just have to be sure to check the terms of each before you post them.

One of the most common questions I'm asked on the forum is "can you show me some examples of good affiliate sites?" I don't blame people for asking, but I obviously can't share affiliate sites due to confidentiality. Most affiliates are pretty private about their sites and many have had their ideas stolen, sites copied or niches taken when they have shared their sites on a public forum.

So I was happy to see this post by Geno showing different styles of affiliate sites complete with links and screen shots. If you've been curious to see some good examples of different types of affiliate sites, here you go.

Nice list, Linda. I have a few content based affiliate sites. They do require a lot of work but the networks I'm signed up to give higher commissions for sites that are blogs/content driven.

This is another great post of your Linda. I always see people on forums suggesting the best affiliate websites and now you've provided clear qualifications on how to determine the right program to gain and not ending up with nothing.

That is so helpful. I have been considering some type of directory or coupon site for a few offers.
Any suggestions on a theme or template that is fairly user-friendly?

Thanks,
DTaylor

interesting thanks. this definitely just gave me a better idea of what affiliate websites can look like and be about

MI
Back