The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“AdsEmpire”/  Direct Affiliate

Email Subscription and Mailing System

P

pinyo

Does anyone know an email subscription and mail system that I can use to start a Newsletter Subscription list "for" my web site?

I don't think I can use a script that get hosted on my site because I was having issue with sending out too many emails to my forums members.

I don't mind hosting the email database on my own server (which would be ideal), but I need to know of a good service provider that can burst the emails about once a month to my subscriber base.

If you know something about this, please let me know.

Thanks Paul. I am checking it out now. Are you a customer or how are you affiliated with them?

Pinyo,
Other email newsletter solution providers:
Microsoft List Builder - bcentral.com
Your software - yousoftware.com/perform/recurring.php?/keyword=google_recurring_email_050310

Thank you. I am thinking about giving aweber a try.

As experienced list builder. Can you give me some pointer as to (1) what has worked for you in building your list (2) How have you used the list to your advantage?

Thank you.

1. Provide an incentive to your prospective list subscribers.

2. Send relevant content, with advertisements relevant to the content. And make d*mn sure you follow the CAN SPAM Act rules to the tee.

3. Learn to start cashing big checks.

Paul, I really appreciate your mentoring. What are some methods to generate revenue through the list? These are what I can think of.

1. Promote my own products or services
2. Sell advertisement space to independent advertisers
3. Promote other people's products or services - i.e., through CJ, other affiliate, or direct deal with other business owners

Thank you.

"Promote other people's products or services - i.e., through CJ, other affiliate, or direct deal with other business owners"

IMHO, you need to get, "CJ" out of your mind when thinking of affiliate networks. A couple of days ago, someone mentioned that dreaded, crybaby board abestweb, but even there you can see the obvious problems occuring within that network. See this thread: forum.abestweb.com/showthread.php?t=56221

If I were you, I would stick to lead based offers through the likes of websponsors.com, offersquest.com, primaryads.com, affiliatefuel.com and metareward.com. Lead based offers have always performed MUCH better than sales offers due to the simple fact the end user doesn't need to purchase anything, they simply need to type in a few bits of information.

LEAD BASED OFFERS.

Oh, did I mention LEAD BASED OFFERS?

Paul. Thank you. I signed up with Aweber today and implemented the sign up on my site. I will take a while for me to build up the list so wish me luck. :)

I'd appreciate it if any member here can sign up and provide me with some feedback as I move forward with this endeavor.

Aweber has an unlimited autoresponder feature, which I find to be the most valuable, as most people don't buy/sign up on the first visit/e-mail.

I am looking mainly at the broadcast feature. Can you give me some pointers on how I can take advantage of autoresponder?

Thank you.

They are simply follow up e-mails.

Of course, your first e-mail would be a, "welcome and thanks for joining" type of e-mail, including a lot of useful, helpful information or links (your affiliate links) to free things, and then briefly pitch your product/service, but NEVER too hard on the first e-mail.

A few days later the autoresponder would send them simular e-mails, all relevant to your site's audience and you have yet another shot at selling your product/services/promoting stuff, etc.

It works like a charm.

The, "Broadcast" feature lets you send a single e-mail to whoever you choose on your list, or the entire list. Make sure you take advantage of their personalization features.

Good way:

Subject: Pinyo, Site update - We've found you more free resources.
(And then include a link to a new page/article in your site, selling your product/service/free, lead based, money in Pinyo's pocker, offers)

Result: Good open rate/Low unsubscribe rate - Makes it to the in box.

Bad way:

Subject: Amazing! Everything FREE or prices to SELL FAST!!!!!!!!

Result: Probably goes right to the junk folder. If not, the user clicks the, "Spam" button, deletes the e-mail without reading it, or opens it just to unsubscribe.

Hope that helps.

MI
Back