“webinar”/ paypertrail
  1. Null

Welcome to Our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Null

Ecommerce software

Discussion in 'eCommerce' started by johnyy5, Jan 10, 2010.

1. johnyy5

johnyy5 Affiliate affiliate

Hi,
    Please advise on a reputable ecommerce software I can use for selling products online. I cannot afford the £1000 + it cost to setup an onine shop so I am looking for about £20-30 a month.

Thanks,
    JB

2. Golden Goose
  3. temi

temi Facilitator affiliate

JB,
    There is couple of ecommerce carts I think could meet your needs, there is ecommerce shopping cart software by Boss Cart and there is rent a shopping cart. I am affiliate with both companies, have a look at the sites, let me know the one that suits you best and I will see if I can arrange a discount for you.

Thanks

4. jaikanth123

jaikanth123 Affiliate affiliate

The Features of E-commerce software;

• E commerce is fast. For most web stores there is no need to arrange a dedicated server
    • E commerce software a W3C-compliant storefront with a CSS-based layout. And it comes with several professional e-commerce design templates
    • AJAX-based components and WYSIWYG editors improve the user experience
    • E commerce software is search engine friendly. You can add meta-tags and define custom titles and URLs for product and category pages, which improves standing of your web store with popular search engines
    • Smarty template engine and simple PHP code make e commerce software flexible and easy to modify without great programming skills and knowledge

5. mohammedazab

mohammedazab Affiliate affiliate

thank you very much......................................

6. martfox

martfox Affiliate affiliate

Do you want to buy one or lease? I think a hosted ecommerce store is only for reach people.

7. goldenspiralstudios

goldenspiralstudios Affiliate affiliate

There are some magento shopping carts that are free and some really charge cheap. You just have to be resourceful enough to find one.

8. hannahraasch

hannahraasch Affiliate affiliate

Please describe your requirement for Ecommerce Solutions that you are in need of. So we can suggest accordingly. And there are plenty of Free software available will not advise you to go with such software. As i have not used it personally...

Web Design Company
    Los Angeles, CA

9. eUKhost

eUKhost Affiliate affiliate

There are many free open source shopping carts which you can utilize to sell your products online.

10. rahul2927

rahul2927 Affiliate affiliate

Hey,
    I would like to suggest you magento, its an enterprise eCommerce software having rich functions and flexibility. You don't have to pay license cost for their open source edition. It is easy to manage and it is SEO friendly application.

Magento themes & templates are also available at very economic cost over internet. Various hosting companies provides magento hosting on shared, dedicated and cloud environment.

Strong community support is also their for keep adding new features, modules and extensions to power your eStore.

11. johnbrent

johnbrent Affiliate affiliate

Following are the best ecommerce software -
    - 1ShoppingCart
    - 3dcart
    - Ashop Commerce
    - Big Cartel
    - PayPal
    - Shopify

12. Linda Wayland

Linda Wayland Affiliate affiliate

I suggest using woocommerce wordpress plugin for wordpress or shopify is the best to start with , if u have recently started an e-commerce site.

13. arjupraja143

arjupraja143 Affiliate affiliate

woocommerce is the best plugin and it is highly recommended.

14. olbond

olbond Affiliate affiliate

Wordpress would be a perfect solution for your eCommerce. Make sure to check out best wordpress themes to find a highly customizable theme for your online store. Good luck with your online business!

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 30, 2017
  15. saisirisha

saisirisha Affiliate affiliate

There are many free open source shopping carts which you can utilize to sell your products online.

16. Ms Montana

Ms Montana Affiliate affiliate

Personally, I think Shopify is a good choice

17. coolspot19

coolspot19 Affiliate affiliate

I have spent a lot of time using a lot of shopping carts, here is a quick rundown:

Prestashop

Pro's
    • Opensource, so it's free (just need to pay hosting and domain name, ssl etc)
    • Easy to use (as easy to use as shopify) so great for people new to managing ecommerce stores.
    • The default theme looks great (I personally think it looks better than the majority of themes (free or paid) for a any ecommerce site.
    • There are a wide range of modules available many are free but there are also a lot of paid modules.
    • Supports multiple languages and currencies.
    Con's

I can honestly say that I cannot think of any, there are some pain in the ass things with it, but a quick google search will usually lead you back to the forum that is pretty active and there is a solution for most problems I have encountered.

Summery

Prestashop is the cart I would recommend if you wanted to host the site yourself and have not run an ecommerce site before. The admin is easy to get to grips with and while basic in functionality will provide you with everything you need to get up and running.

WooCommerce

Pro's

• There are a lot of themes available.
    • Integrates into your wordpress blog.
    Con's
    • It's a blogging platform (I know there are going to be people that say it has evolved into a full CMS, but at the end of the day the admin design and functionality is primarily focused at blogging)
    • So many modules, while frameworks like Prestashop and Shopify have modules that can be installed, these are generally to give you the things that are nice to have. With Woocommerce you need so many more modules than just woocommerce just to make the site work as a real ecommerce store.
    Summery

The only time I would ever recommend woocomerce as a viabule option for an online store is in one of 2 cases. 1)You have a wordpress blog and are looking to sell a little merch (little meaning 1-50 products) or 2)You dont plan on having many products. Quite simply if you want an ecomerce site, then your better off using tools that were designed from the ground up for that purpose and not something that was added on as additional functionality.

OpenCart

Pro's

• Opensource, so it's free (just need to pay hosting and domain name, ssl etc)
    • It provides slightly more advanced features than prestashop
    • No additional modules are required (I am not even sure if there are even any available as I never had to look outside of the install for functionality I wanted.
    Con's

• It's a little complex, the documentation is great but it's not exactly light reading.
    • Finding answers to problems usually ends with spending a few hours digging through the documentation.
    Summery

Opencart is an excellent ecommerce system, I would highly recommend it. It's a little more complex than prestashop and finding answers to issues is a real pain in the ass.

Shopify

Pro's

• It's easy to use
    • A lot of great exclusive modules (great modules for dropshippers)
    • A lot of themes avalibule
    • A lot of support for the platform for any kind of issue you can think of.
    Con's

• Price, $30 a month may not seem like much, but when you compare it to the price of hosting your own store, it's high, really high. And if you want to have features such as gift cards (which are free in prestashop and opencart) you will need to be paying shopify $79
    Summery

I would recommend shopify only in the following cases, you are a dropshipper and your supplier is using the mothership module that allows you to integrate directly to your suppliers website. This module is exclusive to shopify. The only other time I would recommend paying $30 a month for your store is if you truly feel that you will not be able to set up and run a self hosted solution (it's honestly really simple and not worth paying $30 a month for, most hosting providers even provide one click installs for prstashop)

OSComerce

Just dont use it.... like ever, seriously, there are more issues with this shopping cart than I would write about in a day.

Magento

Magento community edition (the opensource version) is an excellent very feature rich ecommerce platform, however there are a number of drawbacks with it. While Prestashop and Opencart can be set up without too much trouble, even by someone with little to no experience in ecommerce. Magento is another beast entirely. While you can get it up and running fairly simplely, getting everything configured themed and branded, you are most likely going to need a magento developer.

My 2c

Get yourself a couple of free hosting accounts with something like 000webhost, install all the free shopping carts that your looking at, go through them see what they offer in terms of what you need. and then make your desission after using them for a while as Prestashop, Opencart and magento all have very different admin panels for managing your store.

18. danny_m10

danny_m10 Affiliate affiliate

I don't think he's asking for e-commerce platform suggestion. He wants to know which business model working great for e-commerce.

19. affmarketer101

affmarketer101 Affiliate affiliate

banners