• Template

Votes: 7 21.2%

• Total voters

K

Administrator
Administrator
Internet Marketing Deals
High Converting Landing Pages | ConversionWise
What do you guys see the best results with?

Plain templates and plain text emails
or Image heavy/colour emails?

I've tested both here and there and these days I almost always stick to plain text.

It gets more opens and click throughs and when you get a plain text email it looks more like an email from a friend where as an email with logos and flashy graphics all over it looks much more like an "advert".

It's just more personal and a recommendation from a friend that you trust will always convert better than a blatant advertisement.

Another example is if you got a hand written letter sent to your house in an envelope with a handwritten address on it then you would be much more likely to open it right away than a typed up corporate looking letter that looks like an advertisement or a bank statement or something like that which you'd be much more likely to throw straight into the bin without even reading.

It's kind of the same principle in play with text vs HTML.

Another plus to plain text is you never have to worry about compatiability issues or people that have HTML turned off... it just displays correctly every time.

So 4--1 in favour of plain so far, i'd like to see who actually gets better results with a template and images.

I am having some good results with template and transformed images into pure html code.
This way everyone will see all the images without having to click on the allow to show images from this sender thing.

Cheers

Palin 7, Template 1......anyone got any nice articles on this or case studies?

Good question but would have to say plain.

I think it's all down to the offer your promoting though.
In dating for example I've seen results from guys convert much higher with plain text rather than template.
Same list same same offer.

i go with a plain format, but i do put in the occasional graphic to spice it up.

i'm on Rusty Moore's fitness list and these days his messages always come with 2 or 3 images, with the first one appearing very high so that you are inclined to scroll down out of curiosity and see what it is. this is a very good strategy for training people to look at your emails, provided that you are in the habit of coming up with some arresting images.

but as for templates i never use them.

It gets more opens and click throughs and when you get a plain text email it looks more like an email from a friend where as an email with logos and flashy graphics all over it looks much more like an "advert".

Wow, I never thought of it like this, but it totally makes sense.

Definitely going to vote PLAIN TEXT. Adding any images I feel can disrupt the email getting to some people without issues in some cases. Plain text is right to the point and in my opinion graphics can be too busy and distracting.

MI
Back