The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Adavice”/  “1Win

Duplicate SEF URL's + Google Sitemaps

redlinemaxed

affiliate
I have a Joomla website with JoomSEF installed (Which creates search engine friendly URL's). However, with Joomla, there are many ways to get to a webpage, through menues, directly, etc and therefore the SEF componant creates many duplicate URL's (eg /red-neon-kit.html, /red-neon-kit-1.html, etc, etc.)

When i create a sitemap using Vigos GSitemap, obviously it lists all of the duplicate URL's. I know that google hates duplicate content and obviously i don't want my site banned. I have tried to limit duplicate URL's as much as i can but some are still appearing.

I would i be best writing my own sitemap file with only the URL's that are important or should i just edit the generated file and delete the duplicate URL records?

I Don't know if anyone here has used Joomla but hopefully you get what im talking about.

I am just worried that Google willban my site for duplicates. Any help is much appreciated. My url is redlinemaxed.co.uk by the way

thanks!

Don't use Joomla :D

are you saying that Joomla is producing different URL's for the same content? Because the url's you gave are different.

MI
Back