The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Adavice”/  “1Win

Duplicate content used to run a huge site?

uzzal15

Banned
How do sites like The Mind Unleashed | Uncover Your True Potential get so big/popular. They basically just copy their articles word for word from other sites (I've seen other sites do this and i'm not sure of the legality but that's a whole other question). I know they promote them a lot on social networks and i'm guessing they don't care about SEO (since it's all duplicate content)

I'm assuming the only way for them to success is get traffic via social channels and monetize them via CPC/CPM? :confused:

Wow, almost 2 million FB friends! That's a lot of social traffic. I suppose volume trumps everything else.

Re the duplicate content from other sites, maybe they own those sites? I have no idea, just an idea that occurred to me.

A lot of these sites that came into the game earlier on can get away with some things that newer sites can't.

A lot of these sites that came into the game earlier on can get away with some things that newer sites can't.

So true. Google is biased toward big established sites. It's not even that a lot of them are better; they just got in the game early.

I have google, instead of ranking and promoting websites with unique content they rank the duplicate content sites.
Don't know how this f* google works but seems the rulkes are just for the small ones.

I was under the impression that copying site articles was a bad thing. Are we saying it's ok? what are the consequences?

This is very common. Unfortunately too many people are doing it so is much more difficult to make money of it now than two years ago. Also, new facebook rules have made it more difficult to get this type of content to go viral.

But you can give it a try. Persistency is key.

These guys are probably using a technique called Viral Seeding. In Viral Seeding, you basically find content that has the potential to become viral, post it on your website, and drive traffic via Facebook Newsfeed Post Ads.
Run the newsfeed ads till it starts growing virally (by shares and likes).

Read more about Viral Seeding here: $100,000 in One Week, a Viral Nova Follow-Up

MI
Back