The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Adavice”/  “1Win

Dumb Question

Paul_KY

affiliate
How to you edit which programs you want to start, when starting up your PC?

My 7 yr old has a PC that is running slow is he**. I did the ol, "CTRL/ALT/Delete" thingy, and saw TONS of programs, which I'm sure were installed while downloading online games.

Anyway, I deleted the unnecessary programs, and then the PC sped way up. The problem is, when I reboot, those programs start again.

I used to know how to do this.

Can someone help me? My brain is not working lol.

Thanks

Paul

Paul,
I think you really want to uninstall the undesirable programs from your computer rather than remove it from you start up tool, to remove the programs go to, control panel, add/remove . Select the dodgy looking programs and uninstall then.

You did not indicate which operating systems you have on your PC but I am assuming you have Windows, what version of windows do you run, XP?

Temi

Temi,

I've uninstalled the, "undesirable" programs, but I'm dying to know how to stop other, "desirable" programs from loading when I boot up the PC.

Geezz...She had so much crapola on that PC. Almost every spyware/adware program I've heard of, was on that PC. Gone now :D

Paul

Paul,
You still did not say the version of Windows you are running ....... anyway try this:
Righ click on your start button
Click open
Double click programs

You will see a folder called start up, what is where all the prograns that starts when you first launch you computer are stored
Temi

Thanks!
I always wondered how to do that without any special soft...
I hope it works on Win 98se...;)

Piotreksan,
I think it works the same way with Win98 but I am not 100% I will check it out for you tomorrow
Temi

Yes,
I guessed right, that my suggestions, hopefully it will work, if it does not I will look into it for you tomorrow. I can hear my bed calling, I need to go and stretch before I become the hunchback of Worc.
Temi

Paul,
I found a tool that can help you remove the spyware : spychecker.com/program/hijackthis.html

Temi

Thank You

Here are a couple others:

download.com/3000-8022-10122137.html
download.com/3000-2144-10045910.html?part=69274&subj=dlpage&tag=button

Paul

MI
Back