The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Adavice”/  “RollerAds”/

Dreamweaver CS4 vs. Wordpress?

Cisco

Hi!

Here is my delema or my view on web building that concerns me. I feel like if i pickup a copy of Dreamweaver and take the time to learn how to use it i will be able to create or alter my websites any way i want. I think i have unique website ideas and i dont want to be restrited on what i can do with my website by what a free/inexpensive web building tool like Wordpress will alow me to do. Does this make sense and anyone have advice steming from experience? Maybe i am just wasting my time and money learning how to use Dreamweaver. What do you think? :confused: Keep in mind my web building knowledge is almost nill.

Thanks for all the advice!

Cheers!

Cisco.

Hi Cisco,

I a way it's comparing apples to oranges.

DW has a lot more flexibility to build all different type of sites.

WP is of course designed for blogs but secondarily can be used as a content management system.

You'd def have more flexibility with WP if that's what you are after. But keep in mind search engines like blogs, so you may want to build your static with with DW and have a blog on a sub domain. That's ideal and best of both worlds.

For what it's worth, I'm a professional graphic designer and have a hosting business on the side, which means that I am well-versed in Unix systems administration.

I've had Dreamweaver for years, and almost never use it. If I want to whip out a site, I do it in a content management system like Wordpress or other more elaborate systems.

If I want a beautiful design, I do it in Illustrator or photoshop and have a freelance coder like PSD2HTML or other services to the coding for me.

If you're not a web designer, Dreamweaver may be a significant detour for your affiliate marketing goals.

Hope this helps, your milage may vary.

Hi Cisco,

I have been building sites for years and have had dreamweaver on my computer.
I never use it becauce there are easier and cheaper applications out there.
I like using komposer as it is free very easy to use.

There is nothing worse than opening up a program, and becauce its so advanced, it takes you weeeks to learn how to use it properly.

Komposer is very easy to use.

Building web pages is very easy to do and there are you are able to navigate around easily.

Now on wordpress. I have only been using wordpress seriously for the past 6 months. Before that I never even looked at wordpress.

I'm a convert and are slowly converting my sites to wordpress.

At the time I needed a blog so I turned to wordpress.
I had my blog built and live in a morning.
I used to videso now available free at my blog to do this.

A lot more easier than using normal html I found.

I hope this helped you
Stephen

Hi Cisco, I've been building website for the past 10 years and started out myself using dreamweaver, but nowadays it has no comparison to what you can fairly easily achieve with Wordpress. Search engines like it, there are thousands of good plugins you can add that will further enhance it and loads of themes you could use for the look & feel of your site.

themeforest is a good place to start if you want to buy a fairly cheap theme. Or you could design your own and learn how to create WP themes yourself.
hope that helps - give me a shout if you have any other questions
Pete

When it comes to Dreamwaver, you can design your site from scratch, make it as you wish...but it's a bit hard if you ask me. Wordpress instead is easier to use and you can customize it pretty damn much...they're a lot of plugins and addons that you can use.

banners
Back