The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Propeller”/  Direct Affiliate

Does Time of Day Matters?

goodoboy

affiliate
Hello,

I am new here and newbie in the mobile affiliate marketing, so far I run 2 campaigns so far.

Does time of day I start sending traffic to offers matters?

Also, can I post the details and results of my first 2 campaigns on this thread "Mobile Marketing"? I can really use the feedback and tips.

Thank you

Hi ya' @goodoboy , welcome to the AffiliateFix! Glad to have you join our community.

I am new here and newbie in the mobile affiliate marketing, so far I run 2 campaigns so far.

Well the, you've got your feet wet with a couple of campaigns, how are they doing?

Yes, time of day can make a difference. Best to test and look at the data your tracker reports to determine with each campaign.

Also, can I post the details and results of my first 2 campaigns on this thread "Mobile Marketing"? I can really use the feedback and tips.

Great idea, that's what our community is all about. The Mobile Marketing forum is the place to do it. We all look forward to this. Members will learn from both successes and failures alike. We love working with members in this way.

As well, I highly recommend you join the DOJO as it is full of great tools and contributions for successful marketers.

We look forward to seeing you around the forum!

T J

P.S: hit the "Introductions Thread" (this thread) everyday to welcome other new members to our cozy community, it means a lot to folks to know they are recognized, known, and welcome!

Thank you very much tjtutor for the warm welcome and reference links. I add new thread with my campaign results.

Thank you kindly

While testing new offers, run the initial test in the evening hours in the target country. (5pm onwards). Users will have more time to interact with their ad and you will, in most cases make more conversions.

While testing new offers, run the initial test in the evening hours in the target country. (5pm onwards). Users will have more time to interact with their ad and you will, in most cases make more conversions.

You are going to eliminate the possibility of reaching at home parents that would respond better during day hours. You amy miss any elderly for offers that may apply to them, as well as other specialized niches. Also, this doesn't hold up to scrutiny on weekends. I contend one needs to test, not assume, from the beginning. Especially as a Newbie. Collect the data and let the data lead your decisions.

You are going to eliminate the possibility of reaching at home parents that would respond better during day hours. You amy miss any elderly for offers that may apply to them, as well as other specialized niches. Also, this doesn't hold up to scrutiny on weekends. I contend one needs to test, not assume, from the beginning. Especially as a Newbie. Collect the data and let the data lead your decisions.

I agree, and thats exactly why I agreed to "in most cases".

But when you are dealing with Android App installs and mobile content, I do not think grannies staying back at home are our target market. Based on all the campaigns I have ran so far, the conversions always pick up in the evening.

And of course, I agree on weekend, the evening hour rule doesn't apply. The best day to start a campaign for me is a Thursday. And run it through the weekend. Thursday-Friday-Saturday-Sunday.

For me so far, the best day is Saturday.

I do not think grannies staying back at home are our target market.

Hah! Yeah, I gotta stop trying to get those sample packs of Depends out to these folks. :confused:

Saturday really does ramp up on average. I've been going Wednesday at 8PM through Sunday at 8PM. Of course setting each for their respective time zones. Although, I have had a some odd campaigns for the 23 to 29 age demo surprise me with late night conversions. I hit it with Apple a couple of times with them. Short lived campaigns though. I don't think I got more than a couple of weeks out of each of them.

Thank you captain47, I appreciate that the help

Welcome to the forums!!

It may or may not depend on the niche/demo.

What I do know, is there are random days -- any day of the week -- where I'll get an insane amount of conversions during late night/early morning hours.

You just have to test, really...and make your best judgement on it.

A lot of people stress day-parting, but I think it applies to campaigns that are only profitable during a certain number of hours.
That, might be hard to catch, especially for the ones who kill campaigns based on systems like "I spend 4X The payout and if no conversions = cut".

This is why it's important to test a week's worth of data, 24/7 (if you can afford to).

The way I see it: Why pause if it's making you money 24/7? That's my two cents.

Time of the day and day of the week can both affect your conversion rates.

But don't worry about the time and day parting for now.

Once you are done split testing other more important things like angle, landing page, creative, etc you can focus on time and day parting but remember it will reduce the volume also.

I agree, and thats exactly why I agreed to "in most cases".

But when you are dealing with Android App installs and mobile content, I do not think grannies staying back at home are our target market. Based on all the campaigns I have ran so far, the conversions always pick up in the evening.

And of course, I agree on weekend, the evening hour rule doesn't apply. The best day to start a campaign for me is a Thursday. And run it through the weekend. Thursday-Friday-Saturday-Sunday.

For me so far, the best day is Saturday.

Thank you so much captain47 for the help.

I was thinking to run 24 hours for a few days.

Would it make sense to pause the campaign at midnight as people may be sleeping til morning?

Thank you

Welcome to the forums!!

It may or may not depend on the niche/demo.

What I do know, is there are random days -- any day of the week -- where I'll get an insane amount of conversions during late night/early morning hours.

You just have to test, really...and make your best judgement on it.

A lot of people stress day-parting, but I think it applies to campaigns that are only profitable during a certain number of hours.
That, might be hard to catch, especially for the ones who kill campaigns based on systems like "I spend 4X The payout and if no conversions = cut".

This is why it's important to test a week's worth of data, 24/7 (if you can afford to).

The way I see it: Why pause if it's making you money 24/7? That's my two cents.
Thank you monasco.

The max hours I run my first 3 campaigns was about 5 hours. So I definitely need to increase my traffic time.

Thank you

Day-parting is one of the easiest ways to increase ROI. Obviously you need to test this and find out what your good hours are. I've seen differences of upto 30-60% ROI depending on time of day.

When I first started all I cared about was being profitable...I wanted to buy any and all profitable traffic. This is fine until you do the math. 20% ROI? That means you need $500 a day to make $100. A lot of companies pay every 30 days...Now you need 15k to keep this up for a month.

Start focusing on ROI now and you won't have to eat .80 cent pizzas and Ramen noodles to keep your ads running while you wait for checks and bankwires. :)

Day-parting is one of the easiest ways to increase ROI. Obviously you need to test this and find out what your good hours are. I've seen differences of upto 30-60% ROI depending on time of day.

When I first started all I cared about was being profitable...I wanted to buy any and all profitable traffic. This is fine until you do the math. 20% ROI? That means you need $500 a day to make $100. A lot of companies pay every 30 days...Now you need 15k to keep this up for a month.

Start focusing on ROI now and you won't have to eat .80 cent pizzas and Ramen noodles to keep your ads running while you wait for checks and bankwires. :)

Thank you sihlous99,
I am not sure I understand you with the comment "Start focusing on ROI "? Can you elaborate a bit? I understand the goal is to have a decent ROI, but not sure I understand how you stated it.

Thank you

Last edited:
Sure bud.

Whenever I would crunch the numbers for a specific site/carrier/device/hour of the day I would just keep it if it was profitable...No matter how low. By keeping these 5-20% ROI situations I couldn't do anything else. I would have been much better off having this money for testing so I could keep working and get another campaign profitable instead of sitting on my hands.

Also I was looking at the campaign as a whole for things like carriers/hours of the day. A lot of times a few monster sites were the only thing keeping them profitable. I know now that I could simply throw all the best sites in one campaign targeting all carriers/devices/hours and make another with the normal sites and put my day-parting hours/remove bad carriers and devices.
Saving money isn't as gratifying as seeing the big numbers...But it's at least as important.

Thank you so much captain47 for the help.

I was thinking to run 24 hours for a few days.

Would it make sense to pause the campaign at midnight as people may be sleeping til morning?

Thank you

Nope, do not pause it at midnight. If people go to sleep, they won't be looking at your ads and so you wont be charged anyways.

Day parting and week parting are not something you should focus on right now. It cant be ignored, but you seem to be worrying too much about it.

Just do this. When starting a new campaign, start it after 5pm in the target country and let it run till you initial budget runs out. Then analyze the data and optimize. Then tweak and restart it again. Repeat until you are profitable or decide to ditch the campaign.

Nope, do not pause it at midnight. If people go to sleep, they won't be looking at your ads and so you wont be charged anyways.

Day parting and week parting are not something you should focus on right now. It cant be ignored, but you seem to be worrying too much about it.

Just do this. When starting a new campaign, start it after 5pm in the target country and let it run till you initial budget runs out. Then analyze the data and optimize. Then tweak and restart it again. Repeat until you are profitable or decide to ditch the campaign.

Thank you so much captain47,

To make things simple for myself I have been running the campaign since Thursday 5am and will not stop it until Thursday coming 5am. So thats 7 days, 24 hours of testing. Yes, this will cost me alot of money, but so what. Atleast, I will have 7 days of data to analyze. Then I can restart campaign with better data.

Thank you

Thank you so much captain47,

To make things simple for myself I have been running the campaign since Thursday 5am and will not stop it until Thursday coming 5am. So thats 7 days, 24 hours of testing. Yes, this will cost me alot of money, but so what. Atleast, I will have 7 days of data to analyze. Then I can restart campaign with better data.

Thank you

I would say, start it on Thursday and end it on Monday morning and analyze.

So you get 2 weekdays including a Friday, and 2 weekend days.

For most offers, if it doesn't really convert on a Friday - Saturday - Sunday, its not going to convert much otherwise.

I would say, start it on Thursday and end it on Monday morning and analyze.

So you get 2 weekdays including a Friday, and 2 weekend days.

For most offers, if it doesn't really convert on a Friday - Saturday - Sunday, its not going to convert much otherwise.
Thank you captain 47,

Yes, maybe time to stop this one.

Screenshot by Lightshot

I will stop it for now at lunch time. Then analyze, I was bidding at average on the traffic. So not sure if that had something to do with it.

Plus my AM just email and told me to increase my CR above 5%:). So, I better do something.

Thanks

MI
Back