The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Propeller”/  MyBid

Does anyone still use Digg?

Wow, forgot it was still around.

Back a few years ago it was the next big thing but seems to have been pushed back.

Would be good to hear if Digg still benefits anyone?

I can't remember the last time I was on there.

In 2010 it was high on everyone's list of to do's. Today, I hear complaints about its' functionality and usefulness.

Never used it apart from having dig buttons on a few of my blogs from the social media wordpress addons

I still use it for social bookmarking :) not sure of it's usefulness as a backlink, haven't researched that..

Well I have to be completely honest I forgot about our old friend Digg. I am happy to hear that it is still around, though, and going strong. I think that that might have been the first website that I really got excited about on its own and I can say with confidence that it probably blazed the trail for a lot of what we see today. It is a fast moving world today though, so maybe it will do some catching up here soon.

Digg is dead, but you should continue to place the Digg button on all your content, don't remove it, worst case scenario is nobody using it but you never now, since it costs you nothing to have it simply leave it there and you could get a little traffic from it once in a while.

This is the same for all types of sharing platforms, place the button because you never know.

Digg is dead, but you should continue to place the Digg button on all your content, don't remove it, worst case scenario is nobody using it but you never now, since it costs you nothing to have it simply leave it there and you could get a little traffic from it once in a while.

This is the same for all types of sharing platforms, place the button because you never know.
Without knowing why still do it?

Without knowing why still do it?
Because there is nothing to lose, as I said, the worst case is that nobody uses it, but even if a single person happens to click it and share you website you end up with a little bit more traffic, and every page view is important. Everything that you can do to increase your traffic is worth it specially if the investment is 0

Hmmm... I've seen some sites that are still using Digg buttons on their articles. For me though, since I started writing in my site, I haven't used Digg. Although it has reached its peak, I don't think Digg is relevant nowadays. Now, that might change but until then, I probably won't be wasting my time on it. I hope that in time it can recover though and not be lost in the internet, like Friendster and MySpace have been.

I've never used it either, I don't know if I would recommend it to others, I probably should find out.

banners
Back