The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Adavice”/  “1Win

Does Ads on website annoy you?

temi

affiliate
There is hardly any website you go this day that does not contain one advert or the other (including this forum) do you find this ads annoying or do you thinks its just part of websites this days?

Thanks

:)

ads suck big time :D they slow down my connection and make the sites load slower.. and that really annoys me :)

Thant is my experience too, I recently visited a forum which also add ads between posts, there is basically ads almost every where,, I was so annoyed I logged off.

Temi

:p

OMG.. ads between posts.. that's awful.. i understand the ads here.. on the side of the page.. good, not disturbing, but between the posts.. that's abusing the user :(

I completely agree with you, it rather think the users are stupid or wants them to click by mistake or what ?

They don't bother me. My eye is trained to ignore them! :)

This is also the problem if you're the webmaster. How do you get users to notice them? Personally I don't see anything wrong with integrating the ads into your design and making them look more like content. After all they are targetted and should be what you are interested in. Making it look like a post is more like a trick. Maybe between posts would be better.

I've seen some people do this for guests only. The ads between posts would scare off regular visitors so its turned off for registered users. A good idea I think.

Cellardoor,
Welcome to UK Webmaster Forums, but don't you think placing the adverts the way you said some site do for Guest will discourage guest from registering to become members? They will probably think its the same thing whether you are a members or a guest.
Temi

I hate ads that load between pages and make you click to continue where you initially wanted to go. It's something that many of the larger gaming websites are using and I hate it.

The adds here aren't so bad as there unobtrusive. Pop ups, scrolling pop ups, marquees, mouseover activated avi's really frost my glutes. :evil:

"It's something that many of the larger gaming websites are using and I hate it."

Sorry, but that's why the sites, such as, "Pogo, Uproar, Iwin, Yahoo" are, "FREE". :deal:

I would suggest, if you're an ad, "Hater", try a, "Club Pogo" membership.
The CS will still suck, but at least you can be alone, by yourself, without your buds, playing games with no ads. Well, I've heard there are a few folks at Pogo whom are silly enough to, "Pay" :blue: :blue: :blue:

Peace.

Paul

Paul_KY said:
"It's something that many of the larger gaming websites are using and I hate it."

Sorry, but that's why the sites, such as, "Pogo, Uproar, Iwin, Yahoo" are, "FREE". :deal:

I would suggest, if you're an ad, "Hater", try a, "Club Pogo" membership.
The CS will still suck, but at least you can be alone, by yourself, without your buds, playing games with no ads. Well, I've heard there are a few folks at Pogo whom are silly enough to, "Pay" :blue: :blue: :blue:

Peace.

Paul

Thats completely untrue. If you're talking about gaming sites like Gamespy, IGN, Gamespot then you're right on the money. There's tons of MP Gaming websites online that have minimal advertising of this sort.

"There's tons of MP Gaming websites online that have minimal advertising of this sort"

You're right. And when they get big (I mean real big), sucking you in, getting you hooked on their games, you'll either be paying the piper or watching ads. :up2:

That's the game. It's all about marketshare.

Peace.

Paul

temi said:
Cellardoor,
Welcome to UK Webmaster Forums, but don't you think placing the adverts the way you said some site do for Guest will discourage guest from registering to become members? They will probably think its the same thing whether you are a members or a guest.
Temi

Its not something I've done personally but I will be experimenting with it as my site gets bigger. After all, it costs money to run a website and if ads help to keep it free then so be it.

pop up ads annoy me..i think it's a shame that pretty much every site has advertising in some form or another these days when that wasn't always the case...it's not so much of a problem with small text-based ads becuase once you've been to a site a couple of times you just ignore them automaticaly anyway...

banners
Back