The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Adavice”/  “1Win

Do You Share Your Forum Posts in Social Networks?

Rube

affiliate
Most forums have social network share buttons, so members can share, tweet and like any forum discussion. I can see some SEO value in doing this, not only for the forum, but for forum users with signature links leading to their own blog or website.

A lively discussion could attract interest in some social networks, and the discussion might get shared again, or retweeted. Even if the discussion only has an opening post, it could attract more people to the forum, and that will improve the value of links in posts and signature links, where these are allowed.

Each forum post has its own link, so it is also possible to link any forum post in a tweet or an update, and to share the post in social bookmarking networks.

Do you think this is an effective way to get more traffic to your own site, or as a way of promoting a forum?

I am currently not sharing my posts in social network sites, but I think I will start to do it.

I recently launched a forum and it is still in beta phase. Once I launch it fully, I may use social networking sites more.

I have not done this just yet. I think sometimes it would be helpful to boost my business. I just try not to go overboard with the social networking things. I wold love to hear form those who have shared their forum posts.

I have never shared my forum posts either. I never thought it would be that effective, plus like another member said, I think a lot of people tend to go overboard with connecting everything to social networking. I am curios to know if others have had success with doing this though.

Honestly, I've never even thought of using them. I usually just ignore the buttons automatically for some reason, but now that you've pointed it out, I do see how they can be useful. Especially since I do a lot more sharing on forums than I do my own blog since that has a limited topic.

banners
Back