Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Adavice”/  “1Win

Do you say "Nitch" or "Neech" ?

Do you say "Nitch" or "Neetch" ?

• Nitch! … duh!

Votes: 1 25.0%
  • Neetch! … duh!

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Who gives a damn, let make some moolah!!

Votes: 2 50.0%
  • Ooooh… so THAT's why my campaign isn't converting…

Votes: 1 25.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

SirOdds

:cool:

Just occurred to me that with all my internetting, I've lost track of what is native to me.

I thought it would be fun to run a poll to see what y'all say. Technically both are valid, and as far as I know not really a "potatoes" "potatos" situation.

How do you pronounce it, and maybe, why? :D

Neesh most of the time. It sounds softer and more hoity-toity than nitch. :D Although I do say it that way on occasion, too.

Changes with the weather, i guess.
Also the context - I usually say "nitch" but programs such as nicheology i pronounce "neecheology".

Just realized I voted wrong. Should update my vote to the moolah option, but putting any effort into changing the vote would be completely against the idea of "who cares, let's go make moolah", so leaving it as it is.

This should clear.......

niche Pronunciation in English

niche noun - Definition, pictures, pronunciation and usage notes | Oxford Advanced Learner's Dictionary at OxfordLearnersDictionaries.com

1. niche noun BrE /niːʃ/ ; NAmE /niːʃ/ ; BrE /nɪtʃ/ ; NAmE /nɪtʃ/

a comfortable or suitable role, job, way of life, etc.He eventually found his niche in sports journalism.
  2. (business) an opportunity to sell a particular product to a particular group of peopleThey spotted a niche in the market, with no serious competition.a niche marketthe development of niche marketing (= aiming products at particular groups)See related entries: Economy
  3. a small hollow place, especially in a wall to contain a statue, etc., or in the side of a hillsynonym nookThe niche was just big enough to hold two small candles.I found a niche in the rock and sat and watched while the sun rose and filled the valley with light.See related entries: Architectural features
  4. (biology) a position or role taken by a kind of living thing within its community. Different living things may occupy the same niche in different places, for example antelopes in Africa and kangaroos in Australia.Within each niche, similar animals avoid competing with each other. Word Origin early 17th cent.: from French, literally ‘recess’, from nicher ‘make a nest’, based on Latin nidus ‘nest’.

banners
Back