The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Propeller”/  Direct Affiliate

Do you make money from your forum??

PartyAnimal

affiliate
Anyone making money from their forum?

If yes, how much, roughly? - I don't need to know the exact figure, though....

Anyone making a living from their forum?

I've just set up my forum - no income yet:crying:

I know a lot of people who make money from forums, I think how much they make is a rather confidential information.

It does take time to make money from forums, you need to generate a lot of traffic at your forum before you can make money from it.

I earn small amounts of money from a forum. Not sure how much of the earnings I can attribute to the forum pages but for every 1000 impressions I will earn between 1 and 2 dollars.

The earning also depends on your niche, what niche is your forum?

I earn small amounts of money from a forum. Not sure how much of the earnings I can attribute to the forum pages but for every 1000 impressions I will earn between 1 and 2 dollars.

Personally, I am reluctant to have any ads on the forum part of my site until the traffic is substantial - which at the moment seems many years away. However, every now and again you hear rumors of forum owners making substantial sums from their forum.

For example going through the forums for sale at Sitepoint I found the following forums for sale

Phillipino - monthly earnings claimed $2K
vibe - monthly earnings claimed $1K
puroeuro - monthly earnings claimed $750

So there seems to be good money in large active forums.

Im assuming most forums use google ads to generate income

do you think pursuing individual small sized organistions to buy cheap advetising space would be better?

I have heard of people experimenting with affiliate ads as well as private advertising with good results. The best option depends on the topic of the forum and the size of the forum. .

My larger forums earn money and the lesser ones cost money but this is to get the to grow and then hopefully earn money...
Overall Im in the black.

i think are sites that are offering paid to post?

you will post banners or links of their site to yours.... then you will be paid through paypal or alertpay :D

Direct advertising instead of PPC ads are much better when you have a half decent forum, possibly for the smaller forums too, i would probably say that it only the huge forums that earn anything worth shouting about with adsense etc.

It is difficult to get direct ads for a small forum. They need to be confirmed that putting ads in our forum has some benefits for them.

So the points are:

1. We should have a high quality traffic

2. Our forum theme(topic) should match their stuff

3. We should guarantee them that there will not be any click frauds.

4. Minimum monthly traffic to there site and a percent of that should convert to sales.

5. We should not promote their competitor in our forum or associated site.

Now about forum earnings....

I am a moderator of one Tech forum which has crossed $35K monthly(from adsense). But it is a very old and well maintained one.

I think it's nearly impossible to make money from forums unless you have a large forum. I have been a "member" of forums all over the Internet for 10 years, but I have never put a full swing effort into getting my own forum going because I can't be bothered waiting for the visitors to come. I hate sitting there listening to echoes lol. So I wont be making money out of my forums any time soon.

I prefer to make money by building websites and SEOing them. I have a forum here and there, but they're only for support purposes, or for displaying content on my index pages via includes and stuff.

Do not expect it to happen over night. You can make some good money off it but you must work at it first and have the traffic there to get the money.

banners
Back