The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Adavice”/  “1Win

Do I have to use the same website I gave Amazon when I applied for their affiliate program?

The-Navigator

affiliate
Hi everyone,
Do I have to use the same website I gave Amazon when I applied for the affiliate program to promote their products? What if I decide to use a different one? or if I decide to use only YouTube as traffic source instead? Will my account get banned in those cases? Thanks in advance.
P.S. I'm not trying by any means to fake out Amazon.

Nope, as an amazon associate you can use as many websites as you want ;)
But ask the partner service for a separate tracking ID for each site - that simplifies the tracking for each site. So only 1 partner account with only 1 partner ID for multiple sites.

By the way, the same applies for AdSense - one time in, always in :affiliatefix:

Thank you for your input Marc. What about Youtube? What if I use only youtube to promote Amazon products? would that be against Amazon's TOS? In other words, could my account get banned if they find out I no longer have the website I applied with?

... could my account get banned if they find out I no longer have the website I applied with?
You are allowed to change the website you have applied with to another website and url, but you still need a website- or a blog-url for your associate account.

How else should your affiliate links be connected with your partner- or tracking-ID? Your affiliate link must be clearly assigned to you ;)

Afterwards, you can post your affiliate link on platforms on which affiliate links are allowed, i.e. also on youtube.

But you need your very own affiliate link connected with your partner-ID, which you will get on amazon only in connection with a website- or blog-url ;)

Not Necessary....Since I have used affiliate links..Everywhere....It's not Google Adsense....It's Affiliate links...Amazon is more concerned about turning visitors into potential customers...

MI
Back