The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Propeller”/  Direct Affiliate

Do Cj or Linkshare ever not pay?

jjblond

I have read different posts talking about not being paid by Cj or Linkshare. Is this common? Should I be concerned about this?

The site I am working on, includes giving rebates back to the purchasers. I would hateto have people expecting their returns from our company if Cj or Linkshare isnt paying us, etc.

Is this a major concern?

Does anybody have experience in sites like this?

It is hard to get help for this, since most, if not all, affiliate marketers dont seem to tackle the "rebate" part.

Thanks
Jaime

Hi Jaime,

If you mean are they honest and ethical and do they pay what they are supposed to - answer is YES.

But there are some gotcha's and that may be what you read about.
Here's a couple of issues:

Returns - a customer may buy something so a sale shows up in your account. Then the customer returns or the order is cancelled before it even ships, or it turns out the product is not in stock. The sale the shows up in your account as commission owed gets reversed out. Some merchants have REALLY high return rates. Example shoes.

Affiliate Fraud, breaking the rules of the merchant's TOS - This is the biggest reason for complaints you'll see on forums. Lots of these people have no idea what they are doing, break the rules and don't know it or don't even care, then complain when the merchant withholds payment.

If you are doing rebates it's even more important you read each merchants TOS, some don't allow it. So you could make sales and then possibly not get paid if it's against the rules.

But in general if you pay attention to a merchant's TOS and the sale doesn't get reversed, you should get paid. Be advised depending on the merchants return policy and terms, it could take 2 or 3 months from the time the sale is made for you to actually get your check.

Hope this helps and best of luck!

thank

You are always a help. :)
I completely understand.
It is sometimes hard to weed through everything that is posted, but what you said makes complete sense!

I am going through the mental phases, of "I think I can... I know I can.. then back to "Can I??????"

But deep down I know I can..

Thanks again,
Jaime

Hi again Jaime,

I think you can too!

But you may want to consider switching gears...

I don't want to rain on your parade BUT... Are you sure you want to do a rebate site? I'm a pro with years of experience and if someone gave me $100,000 and said here, the money's free, go start a rebate site, I'd tell them no way.

So sorry to burst your bubble but there are a variety of reasons I say this. It you've already committed and started the site, then I'm sorry. If you aren't quite there yet and are open to switching gears, let me know and I'll tell you my reasons and give you feedback in one of your old threads about starting a rebate site, or you can start a new thread and ask if a rebate site is a good strategy and I'll give you feedback there. But it would be off topic for this thread.

banners
Back