Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Propeller”/  Direct Affiliate

DMOZ Had it's day?

• Thread starter TheeCommerceConsultant
  • Start date
T

TheeCommerceConsultant

Hi,

Anyone else a getting a little disillusioned with DMOZ, getting a site listed now seems to be an uphill battle, although arguably one of the most important places to get a link, getting a link seems virtually impossible now. I have sites #1 in google with no dmoz link and I am wondering if it is still relevant. How are you finding submissions? over the last three years I think I have had successful submission of one site, appalling really.

Anyone else got any thoughts?

Jez

It depends on the category a lot. I did a site for my client - a local limo company and it was included in DMOZ in a matter of weeks... Any of my internet related sites some of them #1 on Google, Yahoo and MSN for most targeted terms but can not get in DMOZ for years...

Same here, I am starting to wonder if it is confilct of interest from the editors. Glad to hear it is not just me.

I have had similar experience to Skinner's, the local editor seem to be switched on, its the top international categories that is very difficult to get into.

Having a DMOZ link is not relevant to having good search results in the top 3.

It's just good to have and still a bonus although never essential.

I have tried with several sites, and haven't even received a mail. I find DMOZ a good resource, but it would help if the editors (in some categories) were active.

Meti

It's just good to have and still a bonus although never essential.

Got it spot on, all of my sites are listed apart from the webmaster related one's like directorys but i even managed to get my soccer directory listed too, it not the DMOZ link that really help's it's when they export their database to something like 200 other sites (including google directory) thats when it's worth having.

banners
Back