The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Adavice”/  “1Win

Displaying Google ads

gkd_uk

Hi

Is it allowed to display Googles ads towards the end of a submission within a directory.

For example, a visitor adds a link and clicks submit. He/she recieves a message stating:

Thankyou for submitting, your url will be reviewed shortly

Will Google allow, adsense to be displayed below the above message?

Thanks

I have seen google ads displayed, the way you described but to be honest, I don't know if its okay or not but I think as long as you are not clicking it or changing the colour etc it should be okay

As far as I know, ads are allowed anywhere except where you need a password to access. As long as the adsense crawler can access it then its fine.

Geoserv

Thanks Geoserve

But visitors will not be able to see the ads until they have submitted a link, do you think this is ok?

Thanks all

To be on the safe side, I decided to place a google ad at the-web-directory.co.uk/sug_url.php?cat_id=418

The only problem I see with placing ad on the submission confirmation page - there is no actual content.
You are risking to get public service ads to be shown there and you will not get paid for those ads even if they are clicked...

The only problem I see with placing ad on the submission confirmation page - there is no actual content.
You are risking to get public service ads to be shown there and you will not get paid for those ads even if they are clicked...

Good point Skinner

Is there any way around this or should I just move the ad else where?

Personally, all pages where you are trying to make sales you should remove Google Ads to make your customers focus on the task at hand - submitting their site and generating a sale.

Thanks Vic

I'm not really making any sales out of this directory as it's a free directory. I would like to leave this one free and try to generate some revenue from adsense. A little experiment to see how it goes.

Personally, all pages where you are trying to make sales you should remove Google Ads to make your customers focus on the task at hand - submitting their site and generating a sale.

Absolutely right, especially if you allow for image ads as well. I regard Google Adsense as a form of "possible" revenue from visitors who are just browsing, but not really there to spend money. I think that if you apply that philosophy throughout your site, your conversion rates will probably go up too!

MI
Back