The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Propeller”/  Direct Affiliate

Directories that requires registration

Register before adding link directories, do you like them?

• No

Votes: 14 87.5%
  • Yes

Votes: 1 6.3%
  • I don't care

Votes: 1 6.3%

• Total voters

temi

affiliate
One user of LBS Directory Script ask that we should add a feature that allow users to register first before they can add a link, I did not add this feature because I personally do not like directories where you register first before you can add a site, but I need to please customers and not my self.

Please vote in this short poll, do you like directories where you have to register first before you can add a link?

I personally don't like directories that require membership before you can add your links. I usually leave them and find other directories that have easier submission of links...

Well, I tried a few times to register before submitting (thinking it'll be worth it), but only to find out that they require reciprocal for free submissions :(

No, even i don't like the directories which make me to register before submitting the link. The main motto of these directories is to build there database. :D

Amit

I don't like them and i don't submit to these directories. They will collect the email address and spam them, i think. Why else should they require registration?
Also, they can generate money from selling the email lists etc

The time taken in registration can be used in submitting in some other directories. So my answer is a big no if the directories do not belong to some niche.
If it is a general directory then the answer is a big NO.
If it belongs to some niche then depends upon the no of options avaliable in that niche. If a number of options available then No to register.
If numbers are few then Yes, why not!

I submit to directories requiring registrations. Directory submission is not about submitting to directories where submission is easy to do. I agree with folks that they will collect e-mail address and spam. They can do that even without requiring you to register, can't they?

I think it's a justified attempt to keep spammers and auto-submitters away and I don't care whether the directory has registration or not. I submit to them irrespective of this requirement.

Same!! i also don't like those kind of directories, but as a normal every submit just like to get link in easy way normally for directories owner its just to get traffic lose.

But if you like to build a quality directory this will help you to prevent spam...

I'm not sure either way about this one. I mean, they require your email address anyway, don't they?

Surely it makes no difference?

I will not register to submit to a directory, however should a highly desirable Directory have this Turnstile, I might (just might) make an exception.

banners
Back