“webinar”/ “webinar”/
Welcome to Our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Null

Vote for the DOJO!

Guest,

The Dojo is coming back and in a big way.

We need all of you to help decide whether to keep the honored and timeless name as it is, "The DOJO", or change it to something new. VOTE NOW, CLICK NOW for the Dojo Name.

The AffiliateFix Team

Desktop or Mobile: Where to start?

Discussion in 'Newbie Helpdesk' started by Abbas Malik, May 7, 2017.

Which Offers to start first as Newbie

1. Mobile

70.0%
  2. Desktop

10.0%
  3. Both

20.0%
  1. Abbas Malik

Abbas Malik Affiliate affiliate

I am thinking to buy Adplexity.
    Should I buy the Desktop first or Mobile first?

What is the good to start? Desktop first or Mobile or both. Just need your opinion.

Thanks

2. Voluum
  3. GobiKrishnaa

GobiKrishnaa Affiliate affiliate

Mobile is very hot these days. But you should have a good budget for either

Abbas Malik likes this.
  4. Abbas Malik

tyoussef likes this.
  5. Daria_WapEmpire

Daria_WapEmpire Affiliate Manager Affiliate Manager affiliate

Mobile may be a better choice to start with, as you can buy more traffic for a lower price, especially in tier-2 and tier-2 countries. Maybe you will get rich with it, but you will definitely gain your experience.

6. itvazovski

itvazovski Affiliate affiliate

I think it's better to start with a mobile.

You can find more offers with a small payout to better understand the principle of work.

7. Niglapmeth

Niglapmeth Affiliate affiliate

Maybe desktop is easier to start? not?

8. Abbas Malik

Most people advise the mobile offers. There are more offers available for mobile than desktop with the CPA Networks.
    Thanks for your input Daria_WapEmpire and itvazovski.

9. TousTous

TousTous Affiliate Manager Affiliate Manager affiliate

@Abbas Malik
    100% start with Mobile. The industry has shifted towards mobile nowadays, as we live in an generation where we as individuals are constantly on our mobile devices. Desktop is more tier 1/2 focused, whereas mobile caters to all tiers.

Abbas Malik likes this.
  10. Abbas Malik

@TousTous, your advice is well taken. Already researching the mobile offers.
    Thanks.

TousTous likes this.
  11. TousTous

TousTous Affiliate Manager Affiliate Manager affiliate

@Abbas Malik Best of luck! Let know me if you have other questions as Im very mobile driven.

12. EmilySmith

EmilySmith Affiliate affiliate

I think it depends on what business you choose. The truth is that nowdays everything turns into mobile and it's not weird at all, it's much more available for regular persons. But if you have a budget for both it's always better.

13. Affmy

Affmy Affiliate Manager Affiliate Manager affiliate

Pinsubmits show good profit nowdays.

You can try them in Affmy.com

14. Mobidea

Mobidea Affiliate Manager Affiliate Manager Service Manager affiliate

Hey!

Since it will take time for you to study all about affiliate marketing and different methods of money making, I'd advice you to start directly with Mobile. Nowadays most of the internet users are spending hours online on their phones and tablets, which you need to take into account.

Especially if you are going to run traffic from social media, where majority of the users are checking messages/news feed on their phones. And don't forget about great opportunities hiding behind App Installs (CPI offers), and in-app traffic.

Mobile has a lot of potential, and despite the growing competition in affiliate marketing, you will definitely find a niche for yourself there.

We actually have posted an article about it recently, feel free to check it here: Why you have to go for mobile this year?

Hope it helps you to make a decision! Cheers :)

15. T J Tutor

T J Tutor Administrator Administrator Marketplace Seller

MOBILE!

Abbas Malik likes this.
  16. UncleScrooge

UncleScrooge Affiliate affiliate

I am still a noob so take my advice with a pinch of salt.
    Though, i am quite experienced in traditional marketing.

I'd say first things you should figure out:
    • your overall knowledge of mobile and desktop. They require different approaches, as user experience differs.
    • Your starting budget. mobile in tier 3 countries is the only way to access internet, so you can achieve results with lower budget, but you will probably target older smartphones and also find yourself tinyfying your landing page images to 5-8 kbs, fighting for each kb.
    • Type of offers you are more inclined to. i.e. if you want to promote lets say online games that have downloadable client, then desktop is your friend.
    After that, you can listen to your inner self and choose the one you really want and capable to work on.

T J Tutor and Abbas Malik like this.
  17. Abbas Malik

Hello @EmilySmith, @Affmy, @Mobidea, @T J Tutor, @UncleScrooge

Thanks for your valuable feedback. I have my direction clear now. I will start with email/zip submits, and game installs etc., but my problem is now choosing some good campaign.

I have subscribed to Mobile.AdPlexity and trying to find some good campaign. So far, every campaign I see seems dead or nearly dead to me as per adPlexity. Peerfly and Mobusi are the CPA Networks I am choosing to find the campaigns.

What criteria do you use to find some good campaigns on adPlexity? Can someone PM me with good links of the campaigns to look at in adPlexity. I will be grateful to you.

Thanks.

18. UncleScrooge

UncleScrooge Affiliate affiliate

• Choose vertical
    • Choose GEO (or several countries)
    • Choose CPA network you will work with
    • Then TALK to your manager in the network and check with him what is the best converting offer for CHOSEN vertical and Geo. Dont ask him/her "whats best converting offer in general?"
    Seriously. Your network manager is your best friend. They see the latest stats and will direct you to the best converting offer in your chosen vertical. Then and only then you go hunt for landings in Adplexity. Otherwise there is literally a whole wide world ahead of you and you dont know if you need fishing pole (if you go fishing) or a rifle (if you go hunting). I mean, you need to know what you are looking for in Adplexity) Every vertical have its converting offers.

Daria_WapEmpire and Abbas Malik like this.
  19. Joyce merry

Joyce merry Affiliate affiliate

Both are good but you should start from mobile

20. Alexandra Mckenzie

Alexandra Mckenzie Affiliate affiliate

A desktop is not a bad choice, but we all know the demand of mobile nowadays.If you have a budget then don't settle for less if you can use both.

MI