The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Propeller”/  Direct Affiliate

Desktop Banner Traffic

jack45

affiliate
Hello,

I'm promoting something very generic (sweeps) and want to try scale it to Desktop Banner traffic, I have only ever done Adult on Desktop so would like some traffic source recommendations based on the criteria below:

High volume (my GEO has a low population - based in Europe)
Low starting budget ($100 max)
Self-serve

Edit:
Going to keep a list of traffic sources below.

SiteScout [Min Deposit: $500, Volume: High]

Last edited:
Please be advised that 33%-67% of all clicks in programmatic advertising - depending on who you chose to believe - consist of bot traffic.

I'm mostly running traffic through media buys and in my experience, if you chose to use DSPs, prior research into demographics and upstream sites is key. You want to select sites that receive real traffic either through social media, media buys or search engines. A lot of sites, especially on sitescout, are designes for the sole purpose of selling bot traffic. If you don't have a few grand to drop on testing, failure to select quality sites will cost you your budget.

I advice you and everyone starting with media buys to read the following article:
The Fake Traffic Schemes That Are Rotting the Internet

I usually start with RTB first. Once I find a a good placement I consider going direct. That being said, I have never done a direct buy for an affiliate offer. You don't want to prepay for a month of traffic and then get the offer pulled.

Not many affiliate are aware that Trafficshop has desktop banners available though our beta version which is also a self serve platform.
[Min deposit: $10 , traffic volume: 2mln mix geos], selected publishers only.
Would like to add more info reg targeting: geo, language, browser,OS,niche,domain.
Tokens: order_id,campaign_type, ad_id, channel_id, county,etc

I usually start with RTB first. Once I find a a good placement I consider going direct. That being said, I have never done a direct buy for an affiliate offer. You don't want to prepay for a month of traffic and then get the offer pulled.

what Do you mean for RTB ?

Best to work with Ad Networks or Programmatic players that provide site-level transparency. It's hard these days for any buyer with the opacity of the industry - but I guess it benefits the adtech companies to be less transparent.

We built a tool that might help - it has data on all the ad networks/platforms and their publisher partners, targeting they offer, and even their contacts. You can visit the site at www.thalamus.co

banners
Back