The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Adavice”/  “1Win

demographics of game players vs Push notice receivers on network

schleprock

How do i figure out the demographics of who receives Push notices in a particular Geo.
I am interested in Malaysia but will want to know for other areas too.

This is from Statista:
especially loved amongst the younger generations as 62.7 percent of Fortnite players are aged between 18 and 24, and a further 22.5 percent are between 25 and 34.
If this is the same group that is receiving Push notifications in Malaysia, than I have a good chance BUT if all the Push notifications receivers are 67 year old grandmothers, I am not going to do well.

How do I figure out who is receiving Push notices in a Geo?

You know, I thought about hiding the name of the game but I have so many other posts up about it that anyone, with even a little research, could figure it out. Also, should I just start combining all of this into one thread.

Would that make it easier on people? PLEASE let me know, I am finally getting some good information and I don't want to make it hard for people to help me.

(special thanks to EZMob, CPAHub, and especially Graybeard, there are others too but those 3 really stand out)

I made a complex database algorithm for US visitors. It's predicated on the IP address being accurate. Bottom line, with IP pooling of addresses in server locations, it's only correct maybe 70% to 80% -- as the real location may be off (the server location -- not that persons actual location). The demographics would be financial (for now). I will include census data also -- but will just be an overview demographic.

GEO Fencing is a way of buying ads based on a persons known GPS location -- primarily from handheld mobile devices.
I don't know it this is available for Malaysia but these ads are high-quality (supposedly) but rather expensive; like $5-$8/CPM banners. Someone *told* me the CTR was around 3% -- they are that targeted (supposedly).

User submitted data ---How accurate is it?
Facebook has segmented markets based on
  • user submitted information
  • tracking of website use --interests
  • and other ...
Constructing marketing personas is not easy unless you own a website with many members or purchase data to construct the details from.

The is no *web demographic tool* AFIK that is more than hype.
The Alexa Pro service has "website demographics" --but that is by website and not market segment ...

I'm sure you can tell that I am trying to figure out how to target the right users.
For instance, this says that 62 percent of Android users use it for "play" (old information, 2011)
http://www.skipser.com/i/2/images/general/mr-android-big-newsmaller.jpg

because my offer is an email submit it is therefore "free"

Android users like "free" stuff.

So it sounds like Push notifications to Malaysian Android owners might be where I should start.

Should I use Transey to translate my Push in whatever Malaysians speak or is English good enough. They are very bilingual there, so I am kind of willing to assume that if they can affor a cell phone for Push, they likely speak English.
but maybe that is bad, maybe they have a "buy local" mentality and want to get offers in the mother tongue, instead of the language of their former British masters.

How can I figure all this stuff out?

Anyway, I assume from your response that any demographics given by whoever I buy traffic from will not be credible/reliable. (I am think EZMob or Propellar Ads for traffic) or is there some way to figure out a little bit from whatever information they have.

I had a Propellar Ads coupon for $70 buck more if I deposit $200 but I can't get their website to accept any of my credit cards to use it. It is a Servando thing, from his blog.

Demographic mean (to me):
Income/cost of living
Close location

GEO can be Location
The typical Ad Network only provides client attributes: browser, os, IP addresses and GEO. Some have; geographic subdivision (state/province/city/county, postal codes.

Selling your brand to the video gamer market
good luck I posted this some time ago

Can't help you with Malaysia no data ...

banners
Back